Training Essential nutrients for your health man active Denk 07.2017
Content • man active Denk • Key Message • ProductInformation • Key Benefits • Target Group • Ingredients • Male sexual functionanddifficulties • Differencebetweendrugsand man active Denk • The influenceoftestosterone • Causesforerectiledysfunction • Causesfordecreasedlibido • Goodtoknow • Other Denk Nutrition Products • Train thebrain • References
1. Key message • It is known that with age the sexual activity of men decreases, as it is more difficult to maintain a sustainable erection. But did you know that this problem can occur at any age? Mild and moderate erectile dysfunction affects approximately 10 % of men per decade of life.1 • man active Denk is tailored for men to be strong and sexually active, as the ingredients support a normal energy-yielding metabolism and improve daily stamina levels. • An ideal combination tobe active in bed and during the day. • man active Denk - for those who can but want more!
2. Productinformation Effectivenutrientcombinationformen
2. Productinformation Effectivenutrientcombinationformen
3. Key Benefits • man active is a natural libido and energybooster. • man activeis not tailoredfor immediate short-term effect after administration -> a longtermintakeforseveralweeksprovidesmorefunandspontaneity. • Effective nutrient combination with high quality plant extracts, L-arginine, caffeine, vitamins and minerals. • Ideal for the strong and active men, for a normal energy-yielding metabolism, improves daily stamina levels. • Nosideeffectsas in medicationintake (e.g. Sildenafil) • Easy intake – independentof sexual activity.
4. Target Group Menunderpressuretoperform. Stressedmiddle-agedmen. Men at advancedage. Menwantingtoboosttheirperformance. Menwantingtoprevent a „sexual weakness“.
5. Ingredients INGREDIENTS
5. Intake • INTAKE • 2 capsules per day to beconsumedwith a meal and withplenty of fluid • To betakencontinously and regulary at least 4 weeks • You have 2 options for intake: • 2 capsules per day all at once to beconsumedwith a meal and withplenty of fluid • you take the wholedaily dose at once • good compliancebeacauseyou must keep in mindonce a day • 2 capules to beconsumedover the daywith a meal and withplenty of fluid • you take the wholedaily dose over the day (e.g. at noon and in the evening) • thiscouldbehelpfulif you have a sensitive stomachorif youreact sensitive to caffeine
5. Ingredients & Benefits Vitamin C Vitamin C contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue as well as oxidative stress.2 Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity and to normal function of the nervous system.2 Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal testosterone level in the blood.2 Folate contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and to normal blood formation.2 Macais a root vegetable cultivated in the central Peruvian Andes. Maca root has a history of use to counter impotence and to induce sexual desire.3,5 L-Arginine stimulates blood vessels to open wider forimprovedbloodflow.6 Ginkgo extract enhances general blood circulation to the genitals. The increased blood flow may contribute tosexual response.3 Caffeine has a positive effect on cognitive and physical function, mood and energy.4 Vitamin B6 Zinc Folate Macaextract L-Arginine Ginkgo extract Caffeine
5.1 Ingredients – Maca extract Maca • Macais a rootvegetablecultivated in PeruvianAndes. • Historically, macahasbeenusedtocounterimpotenceandtoinduce sexual desire. • It may be helpful for erectile dysfunction and for improving sexual performance parameters in men. • Driedmacarootisrich in essential aminoacids, iodine, iron, magnesiumandsterols. • Macacanpositivelyaffectssexual behaviorparameters.3
5.2 Ingredients – Ginkgo biloba Ginkgo biloba • Native tree from China used for pharmaceutical purposes. • Flavonoids have antioxidant and free radical scavenging properties that might benefit the central nervous system and vascular conditions by improving the blood circulation. • Ginkgo leaf seems to improve blood flow to capillaries throughout the body including in the CNS, eyes, ears, extremities, and the genital region. • Increased blood flow from such vasodilatory action may contribute to sexual response by improving penile vasocongestion.3
5.3 Ingredients – L-Arginin L-Arginine • The amino acid L-arginine, which occurs naturally in food, boosts the body's production of nitric oxide (NO). • NO is a compound that facilitates erections by dilating blood vessels in the penis. • Thus helping the penis to enlarge to its full capacity, increasing the size, hardness, and frequency of erections. • Some evidence shows that L-arginine improves erectile dysfunction by stimulating blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow.6
5.4 Ingredients - Caffeine Caffeine • Caffeine occurs naturally in more than 60 plants. • It stimulates the central nervous system, heart rate, muscles and centers that control blood pressure. • Positive effect on cognitiveandphysicalfunction, moodandenergy. • Short-time reliefoffatigue.4
6. Male Sexual Function & Difficulties Components of Male Sexual Function & Difficulties Impaired sexual desire Premature ejaculation Erectile dysfunction
6.1 Male Erection Sensoryor mental stimulation The brainsendsimpulsestolocalnerves in thepenisthatcausethemusclesofthecorporacavernossato relax. • Blood flows in through the arteries and fills the spaces in the corpora cavernosa like water filling a sponge. • The arteries relax and open up to let more blood flow in the corpora cavernosa • the penis expands. • The tunica albuginea helps to trap the blood in the corpora cavernosa, thereby sustaining the erection. • The erection ends after climax. • The muscles in the penis contract to stop the inflow of blood. • The veins open and the extra blood flows out of the spaces and back into the body.
6.2 Erectile Dysfunction • Whatis an erectiledysfunction? • Erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence, is the inability to maintain an erectionsufficient for sexual intercourse. • Achieving an erection is a complex process involving the brain, hormones, nerves, muscles and blood circulation.If something interference with this process, the result may be erectile dysfunction. • There are different stages of erectile dysfunction from mild to complete. • It can occur in any age but it’s more common in older men. • Mild and moderate erectile dysfunction affects approximately10 % of men per decade of life7 • 50 % of men in their 50s. • 60 % of men in their 60s.
6.3 Treating Erectile Dysfunction • There are several different ways that erectile dysfunction can be treated. • The urologist will help todetermine the most effective course of treatment for the condition: • Medications (Sildenafil, Tadalafil, Vardenafil, Avanafil) • Hormone replacement • For some men, making a few healthy lifestyle changes may solve the problem. • Food supplementscanbeeffectiveforbalance a deficiency in somenutrients-> an overallhealthimproveswellbeeing, physicalhealthand sexual life
8. The influence of testosterone • What is testosterone? • The main sex hormoneproduced primarily in the testicles • Testosterone helps maintain men’s following functions: • Brain • Sex drive • Agression • Skin • Facialhair • Body hair • Muscle • Mass • Strength • Bone • Density • Redcellproductionin bonemarrow • Male sexorgans • Spermproduction • Prostategrowth • Erectilefunction
8. The influence of testosterone • Testosterone levels generally peak during adolescence and early adulthood. • The testosterone level gradually declines with age • Typically about 1-3 % per year after age of 40. • Common symptoms of low testosterone are: • problems having erections • low sex drive • low energy • increased body fat man active Denk contributestothemaintenanceof normal testosteronelevel in theblood!
9. Causes for complications with erection • Physical causes: • narrowing of the blood vessels going to the penis – commonly associated with high blood pressure (hypertension), high cholesterol or diabetes • hormonal problems • surgery or injury • Psychological causes: • anxiety • depression • relationship problems • Environmental causes: • alcohol abuse • drugs • smoking
10. Causes for decreased libido • Although most men with erectile dysfunction do not complain of decreased libido, after time, persistent failure with erections and sexual performance can lead to reduced sex drive in some men. • Common causes of low libido include • Medications (SSRI antidepressants;medications that reduce testosterone levels) • Excessive alcohol use or recreational drug use • Excessive fatigue • Systemic illness (such as chronic lung, heart,kidney and liver failure, cancer) • Low testosterone (male hypogonadism) • Depression • Relationship problems
11. Good to know • Tips for a better and more active sexual life • Avoid stress and stressful situations physical and mental stress reduce the sexual desire • Eat fresh and healthy food improves the wellbeing and physical health • Talk with your partner about your concerns and feelings an open and trustful relationship is more intimate • Do not smoke smoking causes circulation disorders and favours erectile dysfunctions • Adequate exercise regularly movement improves the sexual performance • For people with diabetes: check blood sugar level regularly a high blood sugar level favours erectile dysfunctions
11. Good to know • Conditions where man active Denk should not be taken: • If someone has a known allergy or sensitivity to one of the ingredients. • Consultation of a doctor or pharmacist is adviced: • When someone suffers from pathologically increased bleeding tendency or during concomitant intake of certain anticoagulants (e.g. Warfarin, Clopidogrel, Phenprocoumon). • There are studies that suggest that Ginkgo biloba • inhibits platelet aggregation. • when taken concurrently with warfarin increases the risk of a bleeding. • Until more is known, monitor blood clotting closely in patients taking ginkgois recommended. • There are sporadic hints that preparations containing Ginkgo biloba could increase bleeding tendency therefore man active Denk should be stopped as a precaution before operations. • In epileptic patients or patients prone to seizures. • In case of chronic illnesses or chronic drug intake.
12. Other Denk Nutrition Products The counterpartforwomen • Nutrientcombinationforwomentosupportregulationofhormonal activity • libidolady Denk activatesthelibidoand enhances sexual experiences! • Reductionoffatigueand oxidative stress
13. Train the Brain – Quiz! 1. Name 5 ingredients of man active Denk! 2. What is ED (erectile dysfunction)? 3. Which causes can erectile dysfunction have? 4. What are the functions of testosterone in men?
13. Train the Brain – Quiz! Name 5 ingredients of man active Denk?Maca extract, ginkgo biloba extract, zinc, l-arginin, caffeine, folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin B6 What is ED (erectile dysfunction)?The inability to maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse Which causes can erectile dysfunction have? Physical, psychological and environmental causes What are the functions of testosterone in men? - Brain function - Muscle function - Skin function - Bone function - Male sex organs function
14. References •  University of Wisconsin-Madison http://www.uwhealth.org/urology/erectile-dysfunction-ed/20537 •  EU Register on nutrition and health claims. •  Rowland, D.L., T. Wendi (2003) Review of Plant-Derived and Herbal Approaches to the Treatment of Sexual Dysfunctions, Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 29:3, 185-205. •  Bertil B. Fredholm, K. Bättig, J. Holmén, A. Nehlig, E. Zvartau. Actions of Caffeine in the Brain with Special Reference to Factors That Contribute to Its Widespread • Use, Pharmacological Reviews 1999; 51(1):83-133. •  Kilham, C. (2000). Maca. Total Health, 22, 48–49, Vimaca (2000, October 17). Maca herbs for erectile dysfunction and impotence [online]. •  Mayo Clinic, Dietary supplements for erectile dysfunction: A natural treatement for ED? •  Therapeutic Research Center – Natural Medicines Database – Maca; https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/food,-herbs-supplements/professional.aspx?productid=555 •  Therapeutic Research Center – Natural Medicines Database – Ginkgo biloba https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/food,-herbs-supplements/professional.aspx?productid=333 •  EFSA, Scientific Opinion on the safety of caffeine, 2015 •  http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/mens-health/multimedia/the-influence-of-testosterone/img-20007271 •  http://www.hormone.org/diseases-and-conditions/mens-health/decreased-libido
Join Denk Pharma! Our contributions to keeping you* healthy: • affordable pharmaceuticals for your therapy • German high premium quality for tablets, sachets, • packaging, studies, consultation, availability, support, etc… • raise awareness by conducting Check Up Days (blood glucose, • blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride) • constantly enhancing the product portfolio *patients, doctors, pharmacists, sales reps
HEALTHCARE MADE IN GERMANY since 1948