Engineering Your Future. Presented by the Office of Undergraduate Advising & Academic Support. Welcome Class of 2015!. Today Academic Advising and Resources University Policies Clark School of Engineering Policies Clark School of Engineering Benchmarks
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presented by the Office of Undergraduate Advising & Academic Support
In the Clark School of Engineering, there are two types of advisors.
The other type of advisor is:
10. Full Name & UID: in all advising correspondence
9. Utilize the wealth of UM resources available to you
8. Maintain a file of all important academic documents
7. Review all instructions required for form submission
6. Follow thru on referrals made by your advisor
5. Come prepared for advising with a list of courses you wish to take and questions about your curriculum or major choice
4. Check your UMD email and MyUM Messages regularly
3. Utilize Degree Navigator and the UA&AS website to stay familiar with your degree requirements
2. Be proactive and ask for help when needed
1. Take responsibility for your academic decisions, progress and success
…except for courses originally taken during your first 24 credits, in
which case there is a grace period. If the course is repeated, only
the higher grade will count in your UM GPA.
14 (1st semester)
+ 16 (2nd semester)
– 7 (can’t double count credits of courses that are repeated)
23 total credits attempted
QP: 22 (1st semester)
+ 32 (2nd semester)
– 4 (for earned credit being
50 total quality points earned
50 (quality points) ÷ 23 (credits attempted) = 2.174 GPA
Student Academic Success Policy
Probation and Dismissal Policies
Wednesday, September 14 at 4:30pm
Wednesday, November 9 at 11pm
Good Academic Standing
Non-Maryland Coursework Policy
We will now distribute CORE folders for everyone. Please locate the Benchmark Contract and the FERPA Release Form in the front pocket.
Have a writing utensil available.
A benchmark is a progress indicator that looks at coursework completed by a certain point in a student’s academic career
45 Credit Benchmark Review
2nd & 3rd Benchmarks
Your signature on this form today acknowledges your understanding of these performance reviews!
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) a.k.a. Buckley Amendment
You must COMPLETE the FERPA release form
Please open your CORE folder to page 2.
Humanities and the Arts
Science and Mathematics
Social Sciences and History
Human Cultural Diversity
We will now return your MPE Result, please listen for your name.
MATH003 MATH015 MATH115 MATH140
MATH220 is NOT acceptable as Calculus I
MATH140 MATH141 MATH241 MATH246MATH340 MATH341
The Clark School relies on the Math Placement Exam to place students into the most appropriate course up to MATH140 for the Fall semester
Students may retake the Math Placement Exam
AP/IB and Transfer Credits
On the front:
On the back:
Math course selection
MATH140 MATH141 MATH241 MATH246
Fundamental English requirement (FE)
Engineering Sciences courses (ENES100 and 102)
General Chemistry for Engineers (CHEM135)
General Chemistry Lab for Engineers (CHEM136)
Possible Courses for your Major
Contact the department for more information about exemption exams
Optional Course Offerings
Special Program Courses
CORE General Education Options