Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
BW: Write in your planner and make a page in the vocabulary section for Wordly Wise 2 CW: Wordly Wise 2 HW: Wordly Wise activities Goal: SWBAT determine and clarify the meaning of unknown words. 1. arrogant. Showing too much pride in oneself.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
BW: Write in your planner and make a page in the vocabulary section for Wordly Wise 2 CW: Wordly Wise 2 HW: Wordly Wise activities Goal: SWBAT determine and clarify the meaning of unknown words.
1. arrogant • Showing too much pride in oneself. Some backyard gardeners have a great deal of arrogance when it comes to growing flowers.
2. boycott • To join others in refusing to deal with a person or group. My neighbors’ garden got so crazy, the flower association decided to boycott their show.
3. campaign • A series of action intended to accomplish a goal. • A series of military actions in a particular area. • To take part in actions planned to accomplish a particular goal. He started a campaign to be reinstated in the garden club.
4. ceremony • A formal event held in honor of a special occasion. After he did an amazing job decorating his backyard for a wedding, the gardening society decided to reinstate him.
5. custody • Control over and responsibility for care. • In the keeping of the police; in jail As soon as he was back in the club, my neighbor and his wife had an argument over who would get custody of their prize-winning rose bush.
6. degrade • To bring shame or disgrace upon His wife was angry because he made degrading remarks about her favorite flower, the Purple Passion Flower.
7. detain • To stop or hold; to keep from going on. When the unhappy couple tried to cross into Canada, they were detained for smuggling wild flowers out of the U.S.
8. extend • To reach out • To offer • To make longer. • To stretch or lie. They were released when they explained that they wanted to see the wildflowers that extended from the base of Canada’s mountain range all the way to the U.S.
9. integrate • To unite into a whole; especially to end the separation of races. Mr. Drake gave a lecture in Canada on the integration of wild and domestic flowers.
10. segregate • To keep separate or apart. His wife then gave a speech on the need to segregate certain plants.
11. Supreme • The highest rank or position. • Of the greatest importance. In Canada, Mr. Drake was declared the supreme ruler of the gardening club.
12. triumph • A noteworthy success. • The joy winning brings. • To win. Ms. Drake was triumphantly crowned the queen of the garden club in the U.S.
13. vacate • To make empty, as by leaving. They were both asked to vacate the neighborhood when their flowers attracted a swarm of bees.
14. verdict • The decision reached at the end of a trial. After a lengthy process in court, the verdict concerning the flower couple was read aloud.
15. violate • To break, as a law or a promise. The judge declared that their garden didn’t violate any of the neighborhood rules.
With your elbow buddy • Write ONE story TOGETHER using your worldy wise 2 words. Make it creative, entertain us, keep it appropriate. You will be sharing it with the class.