Chapter 2. Art For Everyone. Approaching the topic: A. Predicting. Look at the Picture and answer; What is the man doing? Where is he? Read the title of the unit and say what it means in your own opinion. Art For Everyone: What does it discuss?.
Art For Everyone
Drawing: a picture made with a pencil or a pen
Energetic: very active
Famous: most people know
Gallery: a place to buy art
Graffiti: pictures on public walls
Museum: a place to look at art
Painting: a picture made with paints
Public: for everyone
Sculpture: art made with stone, wood or metal
Upset: unhappy or angryVocabulary
1. -------people like to run, dance and move a lot.
2. Queen Elizabeth II, Mohandas Gandhi, and Nelson Mandela are------------people. All the people know them.
3. Go to a ------------ if you want to buy a piece of art.
4. The most famous---------- in france is the Louvre. It has many famous works of art.
5. There is an………….for computers in this magazine. I want to buy a new computer.
6. There is a new ……… library on Main street. It is for everyone in our city.
7. Lenardo da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa” is a very famous……………
8. Michaelangelo’s “David” is a very famous……
9. Are you Ok? What is wrong? You look very……………….
10. Sometimes young people draw…………on the side of buildings. Some people get very upset about it.
11. My daughter made a beautiful………….with her colored pencils. It is a picture of our home.
Where was Jack yesterday?
What day was it yesterday?
Where were they last week?
I was at home yesterday afternoon.
We were in school yesterday.
What was that in your bag this morning?
When was she at home yesterday?
The Haring Family
Keith Haring was born in Kutztown Pennsylvania. He lived with his mother his father and his three sisters. His sisters’ names were Kay Karenand Kristen. Keith liked Kay and Karenbut Kristen was probably his favorite. Kristen was the baby in the family. She was 12 years younger than Keith. Keith and Kristen were always good friends.
The Haring Family
Keith Haring was born in Kutztown, Pennsylvania. He lived with his mother, his father, and his three sisters. His sisters’ names were Kay, Karen, and Kristen. Keith liked Kay and Karen, but Kristen was probably his favorite. Kristen was the baby in the family. She was 12 years younger than Keith. Keith and Kristen were always good friends.
Tokyo Pop Shop
Haring opened a Pop Shop in Tokyo on January 30, 1988. He wanted the Tokyo Pop Shop to be successful, but it had many problems. People did not buy Haring’s art at the Tokyo Pop Shop because there were cheap copies everywhere. For example, it was easy to buy T-shirts, pins, and posters with “fake” Haring art on them. Finally, the Pop Shop in Tokyo closed in 1989.