WG1 Technology watch Aim:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The objective of this group is to provide timely alerts on new technology developments in next generation sequencing. The members read papers about latest technology, applications, and things that are coming, and tell rest of the action' s members what is the latest fashion.
- Reports on (recent) NGS technologies, software and hardware,
- Communication with the sales and PR departments of NGS-technology-related hardware and software companies,
- Attendance at major conferences where NGS is on the agenda, and representation at smaller events advertised on the Internet,
- Frequent tele-conferences and establishment of a common, wiki-based information exchange system (on the WG5 portal) to ensure that informatics bottlenecks are detected early and that solutions are proposed.
- Initial technology report,
- Material on the portal related to database, software, elements for communication (blogs, wiki, fora etc.) and e-learning,
- Twice-yearly reports on recent technology advances, and available solutions from inside and outside the COST Action published as white papers, peer-reviewed article, blogs, wikis, etc.