The Microscope. or light source. The Microscope. Scientist use microscopes to reveal details that otherwise might be difficult or impossible to see Biologist use them to study organisms and their parts. Simple Microscope.
or light source
**the higher the magnification the lower the resolution
1. All living things are made of cells
2. Cells are the basic units of
structure & function in all organisms.
3. Cells come only from the
reproduction of existing cells.
(we will do the chart together)
-Cells are measure in micrometers(µm)
-Most cells are only 10-50µm in diameter.
-The smallest cell is bacteria
-The largest cell is ostrich egg
-The longest cell is nerve cell in a giraffe’s leg
1. Cell Membrane- semi or selectively permeable. It controls which substances pass in and out of the cell. Made up of a phospholipid bilayer.
2. Nucleus- contains the hereditary information (DNA) and directs most of the cell’s activities.
3. Cytoplasm- the region between the cell’s nucleus and the cell membrane, which contains the organelles and the cytosol (jelly-like substance)
7. Organ System