History of American Journalism during the 1900s. By Jasmine Rhinehart MEDA 301. Who was Lincoln Steffens?. He was born on April 6, 1866 in San Francisco, CA. 1892- became a reporter for New York Evening Post and was recruited by Samuel McClure as editor of McClure’s Magazine .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
By Jasmine Rhinehart
1. Scare headlines in huge print, minor news.
2. Lavish use of pictures or imaginary drawings.
3. Use of fake interviews, misleading headlines.
4. Emphasis on full-color Sunday supplements, using comic strips.
5. Dramatic sympathy with the “underdog” against the system.