Report from ILCSC. Shin-ichi Kurokawa Former ILCSC Chair KEK November 4, 2007 CCAST ILC Workshop IHEP, Beijing, China. Global Effort on ILC Design & R&D. Europe. Americas. Asia. 2003 年 7 月. Joint Design, Implementation, Operations, Management
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Former ILCSC Chair
November 4, 2007
CCAST ILC Workshop
IHEP, Beijing, China
Joint Design, Implementation, Operations, Management
Host Country Provides Conventional Facilities
2002 ICFA has established the ILC Steering Committee (ILCSC) with Maury Tigner as the 1st Chair
2003 ILCSC set up Parameter Committee2004 ILCSC set up ITRP and ICFA/ILCSC have approve ITRP recommendation
2005 ICFA/ILCSC has established GDE
2005 SK became 2nd ILCSC Chair (July)
ILC Organization Chart
CERN Robert Aymar
DESY Albrecht Wagner
Fermilab Pier Oddone
KEK Atsuto Suzuki
SLAC Jonathan Dorfan
LC Steering Group Chairs
Asian Won Namkung
European Karlheinz Meier
American Satoshi Ozaki
Chair(2nd ) Shin-ichi Kurokawa
China (IHEP Director) Hesheng Chen
Russia (BINP Director) Alexander Skrinsky
ICFA outside LC regions Vinod Sahni
Asia Rep. Sachio Komamiya
Europe Rep. Francois Richard
American Rep. Jim Brau
Secretary Roy Rubinstein
International Linear Collider (ILC)
ICFA has decided on superconducting technology for the future linear collider (LC), by endorsing the resolution of the ITRP. The ITRP report emphasizes the importance of world-wide unified approach as a single team to design the international linear collider (ILC).-> ILCSC has established GDE
the position at
the opening of
LCWS 05 meeting
ILC-MOU : Signed on May 10, 2005
2005 July: SK became 2nd ILCSC Chair
2006 January: ILCSC set up Machine Advisor
Committee (MAC); MAC met 5 times
2007 February: First release of RDR of ILC in Beijing
2007 May: International Cost Review of RDR
2007 August: Final version of RDR was handed to ILCSC
2007 September 27: Appointment of Research Director
2007 October 4: Call for Letter of Intent
2007 October 25: Enzo Iarocci became 3rd ILCSC Chair
1. To consider the wider picture of particle physics research, to understand the priorities and constraints in each region and to provide information and guidance to governments for planning and coordinating large particle physics facilities.
2. To improve the possibilities for international co-operation by understanding the planning processes in the funding agencies.
3. To provide a forum to prepare for, and report, decisions about funding arrangements for future particle physics facilities.
4. To provide a forum to promote knowledge of the applications of the technologies to be developed for large colliders, both in other scientific areas and in industry.
5. Recognising ICFA as the scientific reference point, to receive reports from ICFA (and its subsidiary bodies as appropriate), on the status of programmes for future particle physics facilities.
6. To exchange information on R&D projects being carried out for future particle physics facilities requiring international cooperation.
8. To promote for the ILC specifically, the coordination of resources and the conduct of an R&D programme for the engineering design phase, and to work towards an appropriate organisational structure for the engineering design phase.
9. To produce a public annual report, including a scientific report from ICFA and information on the global picture of R&D for future particle physics facilities.
These Terms of Reference will be reviewed no later than 2010.
RDR “Value” Costs
Total Value Cost (FY07)
4.80 B ILC Units Shared
1.82 B Units Site Specific
14.1 K person-years
(“explicit” labor = 24.0 M person-hrs @ 1,700 hrs/yr)
1 ILC Unit = $ 1 (2007)
Sergio Bertolucci (Frascati, Italy) ILCSC (from Europe)
Jia-er Chen (Peking University, China) ILCSC (from Asia)
Mark de Jong (Canadian Light Source) ILCSC/FALC (from Americas)
Lyn Evans (CERN) FALC (from Europe) (Chair)
Norbert Holtkamp (ITER) ILCSC/FALC (from Americas)
S. S. Kapoor (BARC, India) ILCSC (from Asia)
G. S. Lee (NFRC, Korea) FALC (from Asia)
Vera Luth (SLAC, USA) ILCSC/FALC (from Americas)
Norihiko Ozaki (Institute for Techno-Economics, Japan) ILCSC (at Large)
Lucio Rossi (CERN) ILCSC (from Europe)
Ed Temple (Fermilab, USA) ILCSC/FALC (from Americas)
Dieter Trines (DESY, Germany) FALC (from Europe)
Toshihide Tsunematsu (JAEA, Japan) FALC (from Asia)
Shin-ichi Kurokawa (KEK) ILCSC Chair
Ferdinand Willeke (DESY) ILCSC MAC Chair
Roy Rubinstein (Fermilab)