Montana Math and Science Teacher Initiative. MMSTI. Friday, 1 May 2009 ~ Front Street Learning Center, Helena MT. Math and Science Education: A National Imperative. President Obama’s Speech to the National Academy of Science Science Math Teacher Initiative, APLU - University Commitments:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Friday, 1 May 2009 ~ Front Street Learning Center, Helena MT
PB= Post-Baccalaureate Bac.= Baccalaureate
C1= Class 1 Licensure (Master’s) C2 = Class 2 Licensure (Standard)
K-8 Montana Institutional Data (8 of 9 Campuses Reporting); 2006-2008.
5-12 Montana Institutional Data (7of 8 Campuses Reporting); 2006-2008.
* 2008 Montana Institutional Data: K-8 (8 of 9 Campuses Reporting); 5-12 (7 of 8campuses
** Total Vacancies Posted as of April 29, 2009 on OPI, MSU, and UM websites.
*** K-8 Vacancy Data = 15 out of 44 posted vacancies are for middle school math or
State Level Data
Time Frame: Semester/Quarterly
Time Frame: To be Determined
Science Curriculum Specialist
Mathematics Curriculum Specialist
Level IProvides the basic introduction and orientation to the revised Montana Content Standards and Performance DescriptorsLevel IIProvides high quality, job-embedded training in strategies for developing, implementing and evaluating learning experiences that: ~are standards-based ~integrate Indian Education for All ~exemplify best instructional practiceLevel IIICreates and sustains a network of experienced Montana educators who advocate and disseminate the ideas and methods that exemplify best instructional practices.
- ESEA Title II, Part B
- State education agencies,
- institutions of higher education,
- local education agencies, elementary schools, and secondary school.
- East Middle School, Butte
- Montana Tech of UM
- Townsend and Bozeman Schools
- Montana Learning Center
- Big Sky, Butte, Hamilton, Sentinel High Schools
- U of M – Missoula
- Nine Region III Class C Elementary Schools
- Montana Small Schools Alliance
- Montana Education Consortium
- Montana Tech, U of M and MSU
- Bozeman and Helena Area Schools
- Headwaters Academy
- Montana Learning Center
- Five year project with elementary and middle schools
- Presentation at National SEC Webinar May 22
Director, Science Math Resource Center
Montana State University
Examples and Lessons for Montana
Associate Professor, Department of Physics
University of Colorado - Boulder
Strategies for Moving MMSTI Forward