Compressed Air Energy Storage (CAES). ME 258 Johann Karkheck. Introduction. The ability to store energy has become a necessity due to the intermittency of renewable energy sources that are gaining presence on the grid. Various technologies exist to accommodate a wide variety of storage needs.
1. The thermodynamic effect of thermal energy storage on compressed air energy storage systemZhang, Yuan (Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China); Yang, Ke; Li, Xuemei; Xu, JianzhongSource:Renewable Energy, v 50, p 227-235, February 2013Database:Compendex
2. Operating characteristics of constant-pressure compressed air energy storage (CAES) system combined with pumped hydro storage based on energy and exergy analysisKim, Y.M. (ECO Machinery Division, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials, 171 Jang-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-343, Korea, Republic of); Shin, D.G.; Favrat, D. Source:Energy, v 36, n 10, p 6220-6233, October 2011Database:Compendex
3. Exploring the concept of compressed air energy storage (CAES) in lined rock caverns at shallow depth: A modeling study of air tightness and energy balanceKim, Hyung-Mok (Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM), Daejeon 305-350, Korea, Republic of); Rutqvist, Jonny; Ryu, Dong-Woo; Choi, Byung-Hee; Sunwoo, Choon; Song, Won-KyongSource:Applied Energy, v 92, p 653-667, April 2012Database:Compendex
4. Temperature and pressure variations within compressed air energy storage cavernsKushnir, R. (School of Mechanical Engineering, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel); Dayan, A.; Ullmann, A. Source:International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, v 55, n 21-22, p 5616-5630, October 2012Database:Compendex
5. Simulation and analysis of different adiabatic Compressed Air Energy Storage plant configurationsHartmann, Niklas (University of Stuttgart, Institute of Energy Economics and the Rational Use of Energy (IER), Hebrühlstr. 49a, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany); Vöhringer, O.; Kruck, C.; Eltrop, L. Source:Applied Energy, v 93, p 541-548, May 2012Database:Compendex