Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Achieving Sustainability & Safety Through Environmental Control of Dust & Sediment with Acrylic Polymer Technology. Overview. Introduction to Dust / Key Figures Sources of Dust / Dust Problems Traditional Practices for Dust Control History of Acrylic Polymer Technology
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Wherever there is a construction site, military operation,or just disturbed soil,whenever soil is being moved orequipment is being used on un-sealed surfaces,wind and water erosion as well asdust problems occur.
- irritation in upper respiratory tract with dust particles > 2.5 µm- damage of epithelial cells in lung and potential infiltration into bloodstream with dust particles < 2.5 µm- additional health risks for people that suffer from asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, or other respiratory conditions- potential health problems for infants, children, the elderly and pregnant women.
- increases safety hazards- additional equipment maintenance- reduces mission success- unnecessary training delays- potential malfunction of electronic and other equipment
- contaminates groundwater and edible crops- stunts growth of vegetation- sediments reduce habitat of aquatic life, ultimately affecting the entire food chain- loss of valuable soil
- extremely short-term solution- must be applied repeatedly to counter evaporation- waste of natural resource- labor intensive- no stabilization capabilities
- short-term control- leads to saline contamination of groundwater and death to plant life- causes corrosion of equipment- will wash out with rain - little stabilization capabilities
- minimizes re-suspension of fine dust particles - leads to heavy contamination of groundwater and surface streams- already prohibited in many states
Sustainable, durable, environmentally safe dust suppression and sediment control by application of acrylic polymer technology
Two main types used in erosion and soil stabilization industry:
Works with indigenous soil/surface materials
Sticks to itself
All weather stable
Water insoluble on curing
Non-toxic / non-hazardous
Stops wind erosion
Stops water erosion
Stabilizes surface and/or subsurface
Reduces or prevents pollution
Will not leach out of soil
Available clear or coloredAdvantages
Acrylic polymers have been proven to be environmentally safe products.
Wind and water erosion control for storage piles and other non-traffic surfaces
Erosion control / bank stabilization
Dust control on dirt and gravel roads
Tackifier for hydroseeding process
Mixed in applications
Stabilization of driving surfaces
Pot hole patching
Resurfacing of worn out asphalt drivewaysDirtGlue Applications
Ref.: Project DUST, Kern County, CA (Mojave Desert)