Environmental Health & Safety Compliance Michael A. Charlton, Ph.D., CHP, CIH, CSP, CHMM, CFI Director of Environmental Health & Safety The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio 7703 Floyd Curl Dr. San Antonio, TX 78229 Phone: (210) 567-2955
Michael A. Charlton, Ph.D., CHP, CIH, CSP, CHMM, CFI
Director of Environmental Health & Safety
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78229
Phone: (210) 567-2955
Paul D. Pousson, ARM Associate Director Office of Risk Management The University of Texas System 201 West 7th Street Austin, Texas 78701 Phone: (512) 499-4559
Identified high level executive with overall compliance responsibility
Demonstrate due diligence in not delegating discretionary authority
Compliance communications and worker training
Monitoring, auditing, and reporting systems
Interventions in cases of detected offensesCompliance Program Criteria
Number of Required Exits
Fire Rated Doors & Frames
Fire and Smoke Dampers
Roof AssembliesFeatures of Building Fire and Life Safety
* Not recommended if system could be exposed to temperatures below 40ºF.
Water is released and deflected in a spray pattern
As temperature rises the bulb will shatter
* Recommended for areas that could experience freezing temperatures
* Typically found in computer rooms, museums, communication rooms
* Typically used to protect against rapidly spreading fires
* Many times these systems are not recognized as allowable substitute for water suppression.
2-A rated extinguisher.
1-B rated extinguisher.
Determine Your Building Occupancy Type First
Requirements Based on Use and Occupancy