Akaki Tsereteli State University. Prof. George Gavtadze. Mission of Akaki Tsereteli State University.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Prof. George Gavtadze
Akaki Tsereteli State University is one of the oldest institutions of higher education of Georgia with wide spectrum of study programs and research fields. The main activities of the university are providing high quality education on the bachelor, master, and doctoral levels. The university strives to contribute to the development of professional education system through the implementation of up-to-date professional education programs. The university aims to respond to the job market needs and provide skilled labour force to contribute to the social, economic and cultural development of the region.
The history of Akaki Tsereteli State University started eight decades ago (1933) and now it is the university distinguished with its traditions throughout Georgia and which holds an honorable place in the business of cultural, intellectual and moral education of Georgian nation.
Akaki Tsereteli State University was merged with Kutaisi Technical University in 2006 and merged with Sukhumi Subtropical Teaching University in 2010.
Nowadays Akaki Tsereteli State University is one of the largest universities in Georgia, which offers a wide range of teaching programmes.
Study Level and number of students:
1. NATO Program Security through Science Networking Infrastructure Grant;Development of the Georgian Research and Educational Network and Introducing Distance Learning at Cisco Academy
2. Summer School in American Studies, sponsored by US Embassy in Georgia
3. Erasmus- Mundus Project ALRAKIS
1. Tempus – JEP 21127-2000, Akaki Tsereteli State University, “A Georgian National Network of Universities for Biomedical Education”;2. Tempus – JEP 272200-2006, Akaki Tsereteli State University, “Application of Tuning Approaches in Georgian Higher Education System”;
TEMPUS PROJECTS (last 5 years)
New TEMPUS PROJECTS
24 Tempus Projects
1 Erasmus-Mundus Project
1. Business Studies, Management Science
Business Studies with languages
Others – Business Studies, Management Science
2. Education, Teacher Training
Others – Education, Teacher Training
3. Geography, Geology
Modern EC Languages
Others – Languages and Philological Sciences
6. Mathematics, Informatics
7. Social Sciences
International Relations, European Studies, Area Studies
Head of Foreign Affairs and Strategic Development Office
Tel: +995431 24 5784
Fax: +995 431 243833