Federal District Courts. Baker’s Choice. Federal Court of Appeals. Supreme Court Cases. Supreme Court. 100. 100. 100. 100. 100. 200. 200. 200. 200. 200. 300. 300. 300. 300. 300. 400. 400. 400. 400. 400. 500. 500. 500. 500. 500. Row 1---100 Question.
Federal Court of Appeals
Supreme Court Cases
- What percentage of federal court cases does the District Court handle on average per year?
- How many Federal District Courts are located in the United states?
- Where are the locations of the Federal District Courts in North Carolina?
- Asheville, Greensboro, Raleigh
- Who is a minor judge in the District Court that handles trivial cases, issues court orders, and decides if a trial is necessary?
- How many Federal District Court judges are there in the United States?
- What kind of jurisdiction does the Federal Court of Appeals have in cases?
- Appellate Jurisdiction
- How much does a Federal Court of Appeals judge make per year?
- What percentage of Appeals Court decisions are upheld?
- What are the three possible rulings a Court of Appeals panel can make in terms of a case?
UPHOLD a lower court’s ruling
OVERTURN the lower court’s ruling
REMAND the case
- Why was the Federal Court of Appeals established?
- Reduce workload of the Supreme Court
- Who runs the meetings and leads the hearings of the Supreme Court?
- Chief Justice
- Who was the first African American to serve on the Supreme Court?
- Thurgood Marshall (1967)
- According to the Supreme Courts power of Judicial Review, what is the supreme law of the land?
- The Constitution
- How many judges have to vote yes to have a case be heard before the entire Supreme Court?
- 4 out of 9
- What are two ways in which the Congress can get around a Supreme Court Ruling?
1. Alter the law so it doesn’t conflict with the Constitution
2. Adopt an amendment to change the Constitution
- Who was the first female Supreme Court justice?
- Sandra Day O’Conner
- What type of Supreme Court opinion explains why those who voted in the minority, or losing side?
- Dissenting Opinion
- Who appoints and approves all federal judges?
- President appoints, Senate approves
- How many Supreme Court justices must be present in order to vote on a case?
- 6 out of 9
- What are the three levels of the Federal Court System?
- Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, District Courts
-Who does Dora the Explorer ask for help when she needs to find out where to go?
- Da Map
- Mike is a butcher. He is 5 ft 10” tall. What does he weigh?
- Mike turns off the light in his bedroom. The light switch is 20 ft from the bed, but he still manages to get into his bed before it is dark. How does he do it?
- He goes to bed when its still daylight out
- Why is against the law for a man living in South Carolina to be buried in North Carolina?
- It is illegal to bury a living person!
- Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk". What do cows drink?
- Cows drink water