The IFC, The IBC and E Occupancies International Fire Code Intent
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Footings and Foundations
- Concrete slab and underfloor areas
- Lowest floor elevations (flood zones)
- Lath and gypsum board inspections
- Fire-resistive penetrations
- Energy efficiency inspections
- Other inspections required by building official.
- Special Inspections
- Final Inspection
General Fire Precautions
Use & Occupancy Classification
- Not allowed to accumulate in buildings or upon the premises. Includes spaces underneath grandstands and bleacher seats.
- Storage not to create a nuisance or hazard.
- Oily rags to be stored in listed, disposal container with tight fitting lid and contents disposed of daily.
Exception: A building or room constructed for such use in accordance with the IBC.
- 313.1.1 Authorizes the fire code official to require removal of fueled equipment from locations deemed hazardous.
Special Detailed Requirements Based on Use
a. The occupancy assembly point
b. The location of fire hydrants
c. Access routes for vehicles
b. Primary and secondary evacuation routes
c. Accessible egress routes and areas of refuge.
d. Pull stations
e. Fire extinguishers
f. Fire alarm annunciators and controls
Fire Service Features
General Building Heights and Areas
Building Services & Systems
Types of Construction
- Corridors protected by an -automatic sprinkler system
- Corridors protected by an approved smoke detection system
- Storage in metal lockers
Fire Protection Systems
Sprinklers can provide a reasonable degree of safety in existing structures not complying with the minimum requirements of the IBC
Means of Egress
The inactive leaf on a pair of doors serving storage or equipment rooms
Gates serving in the means of egress system shall comply with the requirements of doors