Unit Eight. Grade Eight. 1. abut (v) to join at one end or be next to; to support, prop up syn : border on, bolster. 2. attire (n) clothes, apparel, garb ( v) to dress, adorn , or bedeck syn : (n) clothing.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
3. avail (v) to be of use or benefit to; to make use of; to take advantage of; to profit or benefit
6. divergent (adj) going in different directions; different from each other; departing from convention, deviant
8. fervent (adj) very earnest, emotional, passionate; extremely hot
10. infiltrate (v) to pass through or gain entrance to gradually or stealthily
15. proxy (n) an agent, substitute; a written permission allowing one person to act in another’s place
16. rankle (v) to cause anger, irritation, or bitterness(with the suggestion that the pain grows worse with time)
17. scavenger (n) a person who collects or removes usable items from waste materials; an animal that feeds on refuse or dead bodies
19. stoical (adj) self-controlled, not showing feeling in response to pleasure or pain