Standards of Measurement WRITE ONLY WHAT IS IN RED!. Two Main Standards of Measurement in the World . Used mainly by the United States Example of length base units: Miles Inches Feet Yards. Used by the majority of the world Also known as: The Metric System Based on powers of ten
International System of Units (S.I.)
In the second set of boxes:
4. Write the old units in the bottom box.
5. Write the desired units in the top box.
6. Write in your conversion factor.
*When in doubt, go back to the standard…
7. Cancel out similar units (top to bottom).
8. Multiply across the top.
9. Multiply across the bottom.
10. Divide the two answers.
3 m 100 cm
1 1 m