Will You Survive?. Your survival guide to everything life threatening … By: Maddie Cramer 6 th Grader Extraordinaire!. Remember…. Anxiety will worry for itself…. Common Fears. Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders Acrophobia- Fear of heights
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Your survival guide to everything life threatening…
By: Maddie Cramer
6th Grader Extraordinaire!
Anxiety will worry for itself…
1. You need to be committed to doing your work. If you aren't committed to doing your work, then it’s not going to be any good. Good work requires time and effort. If you want the one hundred, you have to earn it.
2. In order to be a good student, you need to be organized. Organization will help you do well in almost everything, including school. When you are organized, you will be able to find your work. This is important when it comes to things like projects and tests. You don’t want to lose that study guide!
3. Finally, in order to be a good student at Madras, you need to have a good attitude. When you do something that you aren’t happy about, it’s not going to turn out very good. Therefore, you aren’t going to be very successful. If you smile whenever a teacher tells you about a project, you’re going to feel more confident and prepared! Success will meet those who smile!
1. In sixth grade, you have lockers and have to keep up with all your stuff.
2. In sixth grade, you have your own choice of what connection you want.
1. In fifth grade, you have to carry all your stuff around, and you hang your book bag in the back of the room.
2. In fifth grade, you don’t get to choose your connection class and are stuck with what the school assigns you.Comparison
3. In sixth grade, you have six periods:1st, 2nd,3rd,4th,5th, and 6th.
4. In sixth grade, you have to go to the bathroom on your own time.
3. In fifth grade, you only switch classes once or twice, depending on what elementary school you go to.
4. In fifth grade, the teacher gives you bathroom breaks during the day.Comparison #2
5. In sixth grade, you don’t have spelling words. However, you do review vocabulary.
6.In sixth grade, you have exams, which are like mini CRCTs at the end of every nine weeks.
5. In fifth grade, you have spelling words and spelling tests every week.
6.In fifth grade, you only have one big test- the CRCT.Comparison #3
7. In sixth grade, you have your own math and science books. You are expected to keep track of them. Therefore, if the teacher asks for homework, you better have it.
8.In sixth grade, you have a lot of your own projects at home. You are also expected to be able to complete these.
7.In fifth grade, you don’t have your own math and science books. The only ones you use are kept at school.
8. In fifth grade, you don’t have a lot of at-home projects. The only ones you have are in school, and the teacher guides you the whole way.Comparison #4
9. In sixth grade, you don’t have to read or do AR (accelerated reading).
10. In sixth grade, you get to work on electronics such as I pads and computers.
9.In fifth grade, you are still required to read ever night or do AR.
10. In fifth grade, you don’t normally get to work on electronics. If you do get to work on them, the electronic will be a computer.Comparison #5
1. In sixth and fifth grade, you get a awards day, where you receive an award for the hard work you have done in school.
2. In sixth and fifth grade, you get a end-of-the-year yearbook with all of that year’s best memories!
3. In sixth and fifth grade, you still have to take that horrible, down right torture test- the CRCT.
1. You forget to study for a test. You end up failing it, but your teacher is letting you retake it.
2. You forget to do your homework.
1. You have to go to your teacher’s room during lunch to study. Then, the next day you have to miss part of class to retake it.
2. You have to serve lunch detention as punishment and finish your homework.
3. You are sick with the stomach bug and miss a day of school.
4. You are caught chewing gum for the third time!
3. You have to make up all the work that you missed and figure out how to do it on your own because you missed the teacher’s instruction.
4. You have to serve lunch detention and call your mom or dad explaining what you did wrong.
5. You continue to talk in class even when the teacher asks you to stop.
5. You have to face the consequences that the teacher gives you, such as lunch detention and no reward day.
When I first heard about band, it seemed like a fun experience to me. Therefore, when the time came to choose a connection, I chose band. I play the percussion instruments. These include:
The Snare and Base Drum
The snare and base drum are the two main drums played in band’s percussion section. The snare has a set of snares (wonder where it got its name) on the bottom of it. When the top of the snare is hit, the snares underneath vibrate, producing a sound. The base drum is a huge drum. When it is hit, the base drum vibrates, producing a loud, low sound.
The Xylophone and Glockenspiel
The xylophone and glockenspiel are both considered as “the mallets” in band. The xylophone is a wooden scale which is struck by (you guessed it) mallets. The glockenspiel is a metal scale that is also struck by mallets. Both instruments achieve their sound by the vibration of their bars.
The Cymbals and Kettle Drum
The cymbals and kettle drum are two entirely different, unique percussion instruments. The cymbals are made of alloys, (combination of metals) which are mostly copper based. They produce sound through vibrations when hit by each other. The kettle drum is a wide copper or brass drum. It produces sound through vibrations when struck, but the kettle drum can be tuned for different sounds.
Overall, percussion is a wide variety of fun and different musical instruments. It has an instrument for every type of person (mine being the mallets). It is a wonderful learning experience in the world of music, and it allows people to express themselves! I , personally, recommend this category of musical instruments!
Inspiration- Ms. Meza
Overall design and product- Maddie Cramer