Annual Meeting SCRA 2011/2012. A year in review. Agenda. Introduction s Election of New Board members Committees Tennis Aquatics Membership Financials. Current Board. Board of Directors: * Rob Daines, Secretary David Drover, Swim and Treasury Co-Chair
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A year in review
Board of Directors:
*Current term expires 2012
Members interested in serving on a committee please contact a board member
Nominating Committee Recommendations
• Tennis director: Andrea Barnes
2011 United States Professional Tennis Association Northern California Pro of the Year
• Associate pros: Ann Henricksson, LejiaHodzic, Corinne Mansourian, Michael Jessup
• 75+ regular players, many other social players
• EPATT women’s doubles league participating club
• Hosted 12 adult teams in USTA league play.
• Currently run three weekly women’s and one men’s clinic.
• Mid-peninsula Junior Interclub League champions.
• Hosted USTA Junior League teams in all age divisions.
• 120+ juniors in clinic and junior team program during the
2010 -11 academic year.
• Over 40 juniors participated in Nor-cal tournament play in 2011.
• One of the first two Peninsula clubs recognized as official USTA “10 and Under Tennis Facilities”
• Hosted 3 area wide Junior Tennis Play Days and the first 60’“orange ball” tournament on the Peninsula.
• 10 and under team qualified for season ending Future Tennis
Championships Invitational based on 2011 performance.
• First Peninsula club with permanent 60’ court lines on all courts. Work completed at no cost after securing USTA grant.
• Chosen to host 4 USTA Nor-cal Player Development Camps in 2012
• Ball kids team worked at the SAP Open and the Bank of the West Tennis Championship
• SCRA ball kid team worked the final matches at the 2011 NCAA Team and Individual Championships.
- Level appropriate goal setting & life skill development
- Parent education
SCRA/PASA Swimmers attending College that graduated from Senior Group
• Katie Reeves - UCSB, Tara Levens - University of Chicago, Casey Barnes Waychus - Penn, Allison Frisbie - Purdue, AudryKwong - UCD, Megan Fischer-Colbrie - Stanford, Haley Read - Duke, Mattie Wheeler - Yale, Veronica Tse - Washington University St. Louis, Matt Murray - University of Virgina, Blake Weber - Claremont McKenna, Ben Hinshaw - Cal, Brad Murray - Georgetown, Nick Trowbridge - Cal, Anne Peanasky - UCSB, TevaLevens - Dartmouth, Shuya Lou - Hawaii, RohanPatnaik - Georgetown, Jesse Bergman - UCLA, Marisa Martinson - Davidson, Stephanie Lim - Stanford, Stephanie Nguyen - Williams, Elizabeth Murray - LMU, Adam Hinshaw - Cal, JeremieDeZwirek - Columbia, Jacqui Levere - Yale
Class of 2012 early commitments - Kevin Bishop - Stanford, Casey Lincoln - Yale, Ted Lim - Stanford, Rachael Acker - Cal
Coho @ SCRA: Provided weekday lunches and special event services from Coho. Hope to continue this summer.
Summer programs (non swim or tennis):
Good work by Scott and Andrea to raise revenues, control costs, and add fun.
On track to make budget and hopefully close reserve requirement gap.
For future, would like to put away enough each year to:
1. Deal with random occasional major repair/upkeep costs.
2. Improve facilities (e.g., play structure? tennis upgrades? third pool?)
This may require membership level closer to 500. An issue for next and future boards.