Progress Report Brief Progress Report AUC
1: Science Agenda for Agriculture, education and skills development • Goal: Double current level of Agricultural Total Factor Productivity (ATFP) by 2025 through application of science for agriculture. Medium term goal • Build basic science capacity at national and regional levels with special attention to the youth and women. Short term goal • Increase domestic public and private sector spending and create the enabling environment for sustainable application of science for agriculture
2. Agricultural Inputs • Increase agricultural production and productivity by improving profitability and accessibility of agricultural inputs. • Enhance the cost-effective production and utilization of quality agricultural inputs relevant in crop production, livestock and fisheries that are affordable, accessible and profitable (to all stakeholders) to achieve sustainable food and nutrition security by 2025 RECOMMENDATION: Member States should enhance the production and efficient utilization of cost-effective and quality agricultural inputs that are affordable, accessible and profitable to achieve increased and sustainable agricultural production and productivity by 2025 through the promotion of public-private partnerships
3. Land and Land Policy Large Scale Land Based Investment GOAL : • Increased investments by 20% in agricultural land which contribute to sustainable social and economic development Gender GOAL Enhance women’s secure access to land by 2025
4. Rural Infrastructure, Market Access, Regional Trade and Integration Goals Double trade in agriculture products within Africa by 2025 Enhance a process leading towards the establishment of a functional free trade area in Africa to promote trade in agricultural and other products Recommit to promote inter-connection of countries through cross-border infrastructure to enhance trade in agriculture and agricultural products
5. Food and Nutrition Security Goal By 2025, all households and individuals in Africa are food and nutrition secure.
6. Public-Private Sector Engagement Financing Goals • Accelerating and Deepening Inclusive Value Chain and Public-Private Partnership Connections- • Accelerating Environmental Transformation: Policy, Skills, Trade, Finance, Infrastructure and Ecosystems– • Promoting Sector Development around Market Demand, Particularly Regional and Continental Demand -
7. Agriculture and Climate Change in relation to Economic Growth, Resilience and Agricultural Risk Management • Ensure that resilience mechanisms in place and function at national, regional and continental level • Integrate climate change meaningfully in the second generation of CAADP • Ensure policy coherence at regional and continental level • Access to finance for climate change adaptation and mitigation for smallholder farmers and the vulnerable • Improve livelihoods, resilience and productivity through climate smart agriculture
8. Data, M&E and Mutual Accountability • Establish open and accessible data systems at country level • Establish and/or strengthen continental, regional and country level M&E systems • Establish and operationalize functional mutual accountability mechanisms
9. Policies and Institutions Recommit to enacting and enforcing consistent and predictable macroeconomic policies and microeconomic regulations that affirm regional obligations, enhance the effectiveness of public investments in agriculture, and catalyze increased private sector investment in the sector, especially in value chains serving smallholder farmers. Commit to investing in transparent, evidence-based, sustainable and responsive agricultural policy institutions, with efficient coordination mechanisms, deep technical and implementation capacity, broad stakeholder participation, and sustained cross-sectoral linkages.