The “Secrets” of Success. 17 Important Lessons You Can Borrow from Athletics. 1. Recognize the Importance, Cost, and Benefits of Making a Commitment.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
17 Important Lessons
You Can Borrow
• You will feel better about yourself as a person and as a student.
• Your grades will improve.
• You will have more confidence.
• You will become more and more motivated.
• You will have better career opportunities.
• You will have an improved personal life, be happier, more sure of yourself, and be more successful.
as unrealistic for improving your reading
skills as it is for achieving physical fitness.
thought like this, STOP IT.
about yourself, and don’t make them.
Train carefully. Train regularly. Train hard.
for the brain to accommodate new input.
do the assignments anyway.
Use this simple breathing procedure to calm and refresh you:
1. Take several slow, deep breaths when you sit down to study. Sit up straight. Put you feet flat on the floor. Rest your hands in your lap and close your eyes. Exhale completely through your nose.
2. Now inhale through your nose and fill your lungs from the bottom up.
3. Hold your breath for several seconds and then exhale slowly and completely through your mouth.
Practice this slowly. You may feel a bit dizzy at first.
do something about.
can do them.
then you’ve lost the opportunity to learn—
and you’ve wasted the time you spent doing
missed an item.
try to hit the ball out of the park.
you can be rather than what you are.
Time to get moving!