Aviation Safety Reporting Program Mark E. Blazy Program Manager FAA Office of System Safety firstname.lastname@example.org ASRP / ASRS History:
Mark E. Blazy
FAA Office of System Safety
Provides funding for NASA’s ASRS
Uses ASRS data to enhance safety and security
NASA: five primary functions
1. Receipt, de-identification, and processing of incident reports
2. Analysis and interpretation of incident data
3. Issue alert messages within a specified time period
4. Disseminate reports and other appropriate information
5. Conduct ASRS evaluations and reviews.FAA / NASA Interrelationship
Title 14 C.F.R.FAR Part 91, Section 91.25 --ASRP
Prohibition against use of reports for enforcement action.
Federal Register, Vol 41, No. 74 – April 1976
Describes FAA and NASA use of ASRS Information.
Outlines the roles and responsibilities of the FAA and NASA.
NASA is a non-regulatory agency.
They have no authority to direct corrective action or to initiate enforcement action.
NASA has sole authority
Make return calls to any reporter without the requirement to inform the FAA of the information that may identify the reporter.FAA / NASA Authority