Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Level 3 Language Arts with Ms. Sheri Lesson 30 Mid-term Assessment
Before we begin we will talk about some test taking tips. Before the test, you may want to review any worksheets or journal entries from lessons 1-29 to refresh your memory. *This is especially important for concepts that may have been difficult the first time.
Here are some test taking tips that might help during the test. First of all, relax. You want to do your best, but being really nervous will not help you. Next, make sure you have gotten enough sleep and eaten breakfast.
Read the instructions twice to be sure you understand what you are being asked. If you are still unsure, skip the question and go back to it later. If you are getting tired or nervous, stand up, take a deep breath, and then continue with the test.
If you are still unsure of an answer after you have skipped it, make your best guess. If you are getting tired or nervous, stand up, take a deep breath, and then continue with the test.
1. Circle the words with a short vowel sound. chop beach rode wish when space mate queen them rain sway hush toe wax sun skate shrimp road Remember: a says /ă/ e says /ĕ/ i says /ĭ/ o says /ŏ/ u says /ŭ/
2. Circle the words with magic e. chop beach rode wish when space mate queen them rain sway hush toe wax sun skate shrimp road
3. Circle the words with consonant blends or diagraphs. chop beach rode wish when space mate queen them rain sway hush toe wax sun skate shrimp road
4 .Circle the words with vowel teams. chop beach rode wish when space mate queen them rain sway hush toe wax sun skate shrimp road
5.Write fact or opinion after each of the following sentences. Pullen Park is beautiful in the spring. __________________ There is a train at Pullen Park. _____________________
6. Write the word comparison or contrast after the following statements. Carl is a doctor and Dave is a driver. __________________ Carl and Dave both like to eat pizza. ___________________
7. Write fiction or nonfiction after these book titles. Rootabaga Stories __________________ Whales and Dolphins________________ How to Make Donuts________________ Flat Stanley_______________________
8. Draw lines to show where the following words are split into syllables. monster confirm banyan concrete * Remember that the syllable is the beat of the word.
9. Punctuate the following sentences (using . ? ! ). What a wonderful day I like when the weather is warm Don’t you love a sunny day Will you go out for a walk later this afternoon The walk will be so much fun I want to go along too
10. Write common or proper after the following list of nouns. Eiffel Tower_________ chair__________ Mr. Tate_________ guitar_________ Freedom School________library_______
11. Capitalize the following sentences. can trisha borrow your book called the great gatsby? tim will meet you on the corner of main street. John’s dog, sasha, wants to go to the park.
12. Circle the correct pronoun in the following sentences. Can you go to the movies with Sarah and (I / me)? Amy and (I / me) saw a good movie last weekend. (Her / She) laughed so hard that she spilled the popcorn. Maybe (us / we) could all go together.
13. Underline the verb in the following sentences and circle the subject noun. The firemen drove quickly to the fire. Hudson Street is not far away. The neighbors gathered to see the commotion.
14. Make the following words plural by adding s, es or ies. church _________ bed_________ puppy_________ table__________ potato_________ box____________
15. Fill in the blanks for the comparative and superlative adjectives. tall ________ _________ _____ longer _________
16. Circle the correct verb. Kayla (has / have) a pretty blue sweater. Paul, Olivia, and Kelly (swim / swims) at the pool. The traffic (is / are) moving slowly this morning.
17. Insert commas in the following sentences. The night air is chilly yet we will enjoy being by the fire. We will need chocolate bars marshmallows and graham crackers. If you gather fire wood we can start the fire sooner.
18. Punctuate the following: Dayton Ohio May 1 1985 Circle Dr April 30 2001 M S White Carrol St Dr Stanford Paris France cant Stevens room Im cats meow
19. Write an antonym for the following words. day __________________ hot___________________ 20. Write a synonym for the following words. happy_________________ beautiful_______________
21. Fill in the blanks for verb tenses. present past future jump ________ __________ swim ________ ___________
22. Circle the spelling mistake in each list. A. shred B. twig C. lunch D. lamp E. klamp fel kiss puff buzz case quick truk shack clock lick real jeep speek clean treat tail stray toe qail brain
F. fern G. monster H. stir I. hurt J. wintir houl gown pound power flour fight bite hite tight slight sniffle bottle ladle gigle cuddle rusty peny muddy pansy hobby This is the end of your mid-term assessment.