COMMANDER’S CALL. Colonel J. William DeMarco 02 July 10. 100th Operations Group. Commander’s Comments. Leadership. WHY?. Theory of Leadership. Personal Power. Greater Good. Leadership. DeMarco-isms. MISSION FIRST—PEOPLE ALWAYS.
Colonel J. William DeMarco
02 July 10
MISSION FIRST—PEOPLE ALWAYS
4.Take care of yourself. Good health and fitness is essential to mission accomplishment and happiness.
- Are you in the best shape of your life? Why not!
5. Optimism is a force multiplier.
6. An 80% solution executed on time is better than a 100% solution executed late.
10. History strengthens operations, execution and daily life…study it.
11. Trust your subordinates. Power down.
Remember: When you leave the USAF, the only thing you truly take with you is your family—take care of them!
7. Credit for success belongs to everyone. Credit for failure belongs to the senior leader present.
8. Hope is not a strategy. Plan in detail, execute ruthlessly.
9. Make your friends when you don’t need them.
1.Spiritual development enhances the whole person.
2.Treat every person with dignity and respect.
3.Military life epitomizes discipline; it is a life of order.
LEADERSHIP, Precision, reliability