The European Renaissance Part A. The Economic Origins of the Italian Renaissance. What does the term Renaissance mean? Rebirth Or…”born again” 2. What does the term rebirth suggest? Something once lived Something once died Something became alive again.
The Economic Origins of the Italian Renaissance
2. What does the term rebirth suggest?
4. In terms of religion, what is significant about this rediscovery of Classical (Greek and Roman) arts and learning?
The Coliseum of Ancient Rome
The Pantheon of Ancient Rome
6. In Italian city-states, what type of economic environment became dominant?
7. What historical period prompted the growth of business in the Italian city-states?
8. What were the Crusades?
9. How did the Crusades influence the development of commerce in Italy
10. The growth of merchant trading also led to the development of what European business improvement?
12. Prior to the mid-1800s, was Italy a unified nation-state?
14. What was another reason why Renaissance Italians were interested in ancient Roman culture?
15. What merchant family became rulers of Florence, beginning in 1434?
16. Who was Cosimo de Medici’s grandson, a man who ruled Florence in the late 1400s and financed numerous art projects?
Cosimo de Medici
Lorenzo de Medici
19. In 1527, what did Spanish troops do to Rome, the capital of Catholic Christianity?
21. Who were the movers-and-shakers of the European Renaissance?
22. What was an important Renaissance invention that began an information revolution?