Toddler Physical Development. 1. Test correct 2. Begin Toddler Physical notes in the textbook 3. Music practice for groups_______________ 4. Video, information, and activities. Child activity. Race track with cars. A pregnant Mom. Tell me about your drawing?. The Wind. A cowboy.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Test correct
2. Begin Toddler Physical notes in the textbook
3. Music practice for groups_______________
4. Video, information, and activities
a. The first steps are wobbly, with toes pointed outwards, feet apart, and arms held out for balance.
b) Spend time each day in active play to exercise muscles, practice walking, and use up stored energy.
Children from ages 1-3 gain about 1/2 pound per month. Growth in height slows by about 1/2.
3. Due to the wide range of physical abilities, each child develops Large (Gross) and Small (Fine) Motor skills at their own rate.
Which type of motor skill is this?
-1st: Climbing up on hands and knees then sliding down.
- 2nd : they practice walking up the stairs by holding hands or the railing and placing bothfeet on the step.
- 3rd: The toddler finds “Stair Challenge”
going downstairs alternating feet
to be a very difficult task to master.
- sliding down is faster.
3D. HAND-EYE COORDINATION, moving the hand precisely to what is seen, is poor at first, but with practice it improves.
- Help a toddler improvetheir fine motor skills and manual dexterity, skillful use of the hands and fingers, by providing (2 examples):
Close your eyes and draw a farm animal
5. Because a toddler is more mobile and naturally curious, a caregiver must always think about the child’s SAFETY by setting up an environment where they can play and explore.
-Doing a task on their own.
- Leads to a feeling of independence, confidence, and high self-concept.
Five animal crackers from the grocery store,
I ate one, now I only have four.
Four animal crackers, tasty as can be,
I ate another, now I only have three.
Three animal crackers and what did I do?
I ate another, now I only have two.
Two animal crackers can be lots of fun,
I ate another, now I only have one.
One animal cracker and now I am done,
I ate that one so now I have none.
a) Tell a story about your animal crackers.
b) Cookie Math
3 animal cookies and 2 animal cookies
1 animal cookie and 1 animal cookie
2 animal cookies 3 animal cookies
c) More Math
Children need a variety of nutritious foods daily so plan meals using the food guide pyramid / my plate.
- Use convenience and packaged foods cautiously and serve fresh foods as often as possible.
Packaged foods are high in salt, fat, sugar, preservatives, artificial colorings and flavors.
If it comes in a bright package or with a prize it is not the best choice to eat.
8. Help children develop a good attitude about good hygiene (personal cleanliness) and proper skills.
a. The mom’s diet during pregnancy and the diet and care of the child during the first 2 years will lay the foundation for good or poor teeth.
b. Teach Dental Skills ( choose 2)
a. Encourage a toddler to learn how to dress them self by (choose 2):
B. Allowance for Growth:
E. Self-help Features:
b. If the child gets frustrated and resists trying, stop and try again in a couple of weeks.
c. Night time training should be attacked once
they have day time training under control.