Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
PRESENTATION BY GP. CAPT. (RETD.) K.K. DEY ADMINISTRATOR ADEH, GURGAON. PRESENTATION ON. LEARNING EXAMPLES IN PRIMARY EYE CARE. WHY TO LEARN?. EVERY MILE THAT RIVER FLOWS, EVERY DAY THAT COMES AND GOES, SAYS TO ME AND SAYS TO YOU,
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
GP. CAPT. (RETD.) K.K. DEY
IN PRIMARY EYE CARE
EVERY MILE THAT RIVER FLOWS,
EVERY DAY THAT COMES AND GOES,
SAYS TO ME AND SAYS TO YOU,
MUCH THERE IS TO LEARN AND DO,
FOR THE WATER AND THE DAY,
NEVER MORE WILL PASS THIS WAY.
A SUGGESTED MODEL FOR OPHTHALMIC PRACTIONERS
Reaching the Un-reached….
Arunodaya Charitable Trust (ACT), was the dream of a young couple - both ophthalmologists - who wanted to donate their time and professional skill, to help reverse the tide of curable blindness in their city - New Delhi.
1) An established, charitable organization in and/or benefactor willing to invest its resources in the proposed project.
2) A willingness on your part, to devote the extraordinary amount of time and energy necessary, to establish and run the foundation.
3) The organizational and surgical skills that are needed, to care for the huge numbers of economically disadvantaged, that you want to serve.
ACT is a registered, non-profit, public, non denominational, medical, welfare trust that works in the field of curable blindness.
A third out patient facility was established at the
well known Mata Ka Mandir, New Friends Colony, New Delhi.
Knives, tubing(s) are sterilized disposables. Lenses are single piece PMMA, viscoelastic manufactured in India. Visco-elastic normally used is methylcellulose 3%.
In ACT’s eye care project, 60% of the cases are economically disadvantaged. Their care is partially subsidized, by the other 40 %, who pay the going rate for private care.
Rural Eye Screening
Refraction / glasses
Refraction / glasses
Identification of Patients for SurgeryACT’s EYE CARE PROJECT
ACT is equipped with a
vision express (Tempo
Traveler) which ferries the
eye doctors, optometrists
and allied health workers,
with their equipment to the eye screening camps
where eye care services are rendered free to the
Patients requiring surgical intervention are brought
back to the base hospital, in Gurgaon / Delhi.
School Screening Programme
A novel program of vision screening for school children has been initiated for early detection of refractive errors and other eye problems. Children with defective vision are identified in no time through a specially designed ‘E’ type vision card which is provided to the teachers in advance.
ACT’s team then does the necessary and detailed eye check up, at the school premises, and provides free/subsidized spectacles for the children.
Eye care camps are also held in various workshops, factories, offices, bus transport services, etc.
ACT is grateful for the support extended by Deseret International Foundation, Inc. & to its founder President - Dr. E.W. Jackson, MD, for the support, extended, which has enabled over 7,24,386 poor & needy patients, to enjoy the sight of our beautiful world.
Foundation, Inc. USA
Het Schild, Netherlands
LDS Charities, Inc. USA
Embassy of Japan
Dr. Pushpa Sethi Memorial Trust
Embassy of Ireland
New Zealand High Commission
Royal Danish Embassy
American Women’s Association
Charity Aid Foundation, UK
AND MANY MORE
Australia & New Zealand
Women’s Association (ANZA)
Winrock International, USA
Summit Technologies, USA
American International School
Neemrana Fort-Palace Hotels Ltd.
Friends “Social Workers” Association
Youth Reach, India
GEN Foundation, UKAMBASSADORS OF SIGHT
Patients treated 7,24,386
Medicines dispensed 32,845
Spectacles dispensed 52,223
Primary Eye Care
remain blind or become blind because they are not able to pay,this is professionalism and will bring you great rewards.
means going well beyond the sophistication of
the best technology to the humble
demonstration of courtesy and compassion to the people.especially the poor.
A DEDICATED TEAM
HAVING THROUGH BASIC KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE DISEASE SYMPTOMS
You are welcome to contact :
Arunodaya Charitable Trust (ACT)
C-2, Maharani Bagh, New Delhi 110065, India.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Fax : +91-11-41628579
Tel: +91-11-41628082, 26844969, 41628579
(A Registered, Non Profit, Welfare Trust)
GIVE. BEFORE THEY GIVE UP.