Session: #. Dinner rolls. Ingredients. 300g strong white flour ½ x 5ml spoon salt 15g margarine 1 sachet quick acting yeast (7g) 200ml warm water Milk for glazing A few poppy/sesame seeds, optional. Equipment. Baking tray Pastry bush Weighing scales Sieve Mixing bowl
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
300g strong white flour
½ x 5ml spoon salt
1 sachet quick acting yeast (7g)
200ml warm water
Milk for glazing
A few poppy/sesame seeds, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
9. Place the dough in the bowl. Cover with cling film and prove in a warm place until doubled in size.
10. prove in a warm place until doubled in size. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
11. Pat and roll each piece into an oval shape and place on the baking tray.
12. Brush bread rolls with a little milk and sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds, if desired.
13. Bake for 10 minutes, until the rolls sound hollow when tapped on the base.
14. Place on the cooling rack. tapped on the base.
Top tips tapped on the base.
Vary the toppings on the rolls, but be aware of allergies students may have.
You can add herbs to the bread dough.
You may need to use a little more liquid if you choose to use wholemeal flour.
www.licencetocook.org.uk tapped on the base.