VENTURE CAPITAL. A N Bhattacharya Professor & Chair, Marketing Leadership Program, School of Inspired Leadership, Gurgaon email@example.com. Meaning. Venture capital means funds made available for startup firms and small businesses with exceptional growth potential.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A N Bhattacharya
Professor & Chair,
Marketing Leadership Program,
School of Inspired Leadership, Gurgaon
The SEBI has defined Venture Capital Fund in its Regulation 1996 as ‘a fund established in the form of a company or trust which raises money through loans, donations, issue of securities or units as the case may be and makes or proposes to make investments in accordance with the regulations’.
They can also facilitate a trade sale.
1. Seed Money:
Low level financing needed to prove a new idea.
Early stage firms that need funding for expenses associated with marketing and product development.
Early sales and manufacturing funds.
Working capital for early stage companies that are selling product, but not yet turning a profit .
5. Regulation 1996 as ‘a fund established in the form of a company or trust which raises money through loans, donations, issue of securities or units as the case may be and makes or proposes to make investments in accordance with the regulations’.Third-Round:
Also called Mezzanine financing, this is expansion money for a newly profitable company
Also called bridge financing, it is intended to finance the "going public" process
Due diligence (Evaluation)
Post investment activity
The financing pattern of the deal is the most important element. Following are the various methods of venture financing:
company - TDICI
VCFs in India can be categorized into following five groups:
- ICICI Venture Funds Ltd.
- IFCI Venture Capital Funds Ltd (IVCF)
- SIDBI Venture Capital Ltd (SVCL)
2) Those promoted by State Government controlled development finance institutions.
- Punjab Infotech Venture Fund
- Gujarat Venture Finance Ltd (GVFL)
- Kerala Venture Capital Fund Pvt Ltd.
3) Those promoted by public banks.
- Canbank Venture Capital Fund
- SBI Capital Market Ltd
4)Those promoted by private sector finance institutions.
- IL&FS Trust Company Ltd
- Infinity Venture India Fund
5)Those established as an overseas venture capital fund.
- Walden International Investment Group
- HSBC Private Equity
management Mauritius Ltd
Percentage calculated on the total VC investment- 14,234 USB (fig. of 2007)
Thank you capital it is important that Indian venture capital funds as well as venture finance enterprises are able to have global exposure and investment opportunities