Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Practice questions for the final these are true and false, your test in not all true and false. . The questions on you test will only be similar not exactly the same. . 1. In order for an atom to be balanced it must have the same number of protons and neutrons .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The questions on you test will only be similar not exactly the same.
2. The sub atomic particles of an atom are the protons and the electrons.
6. The elements in group _4__ are non-reactive atoms.
7. The mass number of an atom is the number of protons plus the number of electrons.
8. When you ride a playground swing, your potential energy is greatest at the highest point.
10. All isotopes of hydrogen have the same atomic number.
11. The center of the atom contains protons and quarks.
12.Cutting the grass is a chemical change.
14. There are 18 groups and 7 periods on the periodic table
15. Energy from the Sun and energy from food are just different forms of the same thing.
16. Mixing peanuts, pretzels and cereal for snack mix is a physical change.
18. Mixing together the ingredients for a cake and then baking the cake is a chemical change.
19. The modern atomic model is called the Electron Cloud Model.
20. One of the flaws in John Dalton’s atomic theory was that he thought the atom could not be sub-divided.
22. Carbon is in group 14 and period 3
23. Neutrons and protons are each composed of 3 quarks.
24. The average atomic mass for oxygen is 15.99 but the mass number for the most common form of oxygen is 16.
26. The periodic table is an arrangement of elements in increasing atomic masses.
27. Production of an odor is evidence that a chemical change may have occurred.
28. Ripping a piece a piece of paper in half is physical change.
30. The scientific shorthand of the element sodium is Na.
31. There are more metals than non-metals on the periodic table.
32. Oxygen had 8 protons therefore it has 8 electrons.
34. The nucleus is positively charged.
35. In an exothermic reaction energy is released
36. Acceleration is rate of change of velocity.
38.To check you instantaneous speed you would call the highway patrol.
39.The transfer of thermal energy by a current in a fluid is called Conduction.
40.In a chemical formula a coefficient indicates the number of atoms.
42. According to the Kinetic Theory of matter particles move in predicable patterns.
43. Temperature is best defined as the measure of potential energy in particles.
44. The SI unit for Temperature is degree.
46.Matter is classified as pure substances and mixtures.
47.By increasing the surface area of a substance in a chemical reaction the process stop will speed up.
48.There are two kinds of pure substances elements and atoms.
50. 35m/s is an example of acceleration.
54. The only elements that do not bond are
those with 8 energy levels.
57. If two liquids are mixed together and the resulting liquid is green it certain that a physical change has taken place.
61. There are two kinds of mixtures homogeneous and heterogeneous
63. The change from a liquid to a solid is called Condensation.
64. The change from a liquid to a gas is called Evaporation
65. To calculate average speed you must know total time and total distance.
67. In a chemical formula a subscript indicates the number of molecules.
68. An apple and a piece paper will fall through the air at a different rate because of gravity.
69. In a chemical reaction energy can be destroyed.
70. The kinetic energy of an object increases as its velocity increases.
71. Gases have a no definite volume and no definite shape but no abundance of negative and positive charged particles.
72. If you increase the temperature of a substance the movement of the particle will move randomly.
73. Agitating the reactants in a chemical procedure will slow down the process.
75. According to the Octet Rule and atom must have 18 electrons in its outer energy level to be stable.
76. Solids have no definite shape but there is a definite volume.
77. In an endothermic reaction energy is consumed.
79. The SI unit for energy is the joule.
80. When two nonmetals bond they form a ionic bond.
81. This is the most common state of matter.
83. The transfer of thermal energy as part of the electromagnetic spectrum is Radiation.
84. Matter has two basic kinds of properties chemical and mechanical.
87. 35 m/s north is an example of velocity?
89. Elements that lose electrons have less than 4 electrons in their outer energy level.
90. In the mentos and coke lab, the reaction was physical.