Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
A Case Study of eLearning in ASEAN at Assumption University of Thailand Prof.Dr. Srisakdi Charmonman Board Chairman and CEO College of Internet Distance Education Assumption University www.charm.au.edu email@example.com Invited Speaker, 2 nd ASEAN Education Forum
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Prof.Dr. Srisakdi Charmonman
Board Chairman and CEO
College of Internet Distance Education
Invited Speaker, 2nd ASEAN Education Forum
“Bridging the Knowledge Gap within the ASEAN Community:
Education for All”.
Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Vietnam, November 19, 2008
at Assumption University of Thailand.
3.1 Ph.D. in eLearning Methodology.
3.2 M.Sc. in Management.
3.3 M.Sc. in ICT.
3.4 Certificate Program for SMEs.
3.5 eLearning for Bedside Chorus.
4. Concluding Remarks.
is the Sloan Consortium:
- Survey Reports
- Journal of Asynchronous Learning
- Sloan-C Effective Practices
is an Institutional Member
of Sloan Consortium.
including in ASEAN.
K12: State of Michigan passed
the first law in the world
requiring eLearning in high schools.
Each year450,000 students
K12: State of Florida passed a law allowing K12 students to study in eLearning mode for all the courses, if anyone wishes.
- Prof. Charmonman also authored the first draft of the first eLearning decree in Thailand.- The government established a committee to consider the law and he was invited to be a member.
- Certificate Programs
- Bedside Chorus Program
Education of Assumption University.
(CIDE) of Assumption University, which is the first university in Thailand to offer a complete university degree program and the first university in the world to offer the Ph.D. program in eLearning Methodology.
in the sense that it is headed by: - Chief Executive Officer (CEO) similar to a university president. - Chief Technology Officer (CTO) similar to the Vice President for Technology.
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)similar to the Vice President for Administration. - Chief Academic Officer (CAO) similar to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- eInterview in which the admission officers interview the applicants thru the Internet.- eAdmission in which the announcements that the students have been admitted into the programs are made thru the Internet.- eRegistration where students register for the courses thru the Internet.
- eAttendance where students listen to or view the lectures thru the Internet.- eAssignment where students get the assignment and submit their work thru the Internet.- eExamination in which students take the examinations thru the Internet.
- eGrading in which the professors post the grades and students read the grades thru the Internet.- eGraduation in which students may join the graduation ceremony thru the Internet.
“Learning and Content Management System” or “LCMS” from Moodle
and named it “SCITplus”
to indicate that it has been developed
at SC IT
or Srisakdi Charmonman IT Center.
- The third entry is the Application Form.- The fourth entry is about logging in.- The fifth entry is a paper about the program.
3.1.1 Graduation Requirements.
3.1.2 Nationalities of Ph.D. in eLearning
3.1.3 Nationalities of Ph.D. in eLearning
the degree of Doctor of Philosophy
in eLearning Methodology upon students
who meet all the requirements as follows:1) Pass the qualifying examination.
2) Pass the dissertation proposal defense
and dissertation final defense.
3) Pass English language test such as TOEFL score of at least 550 PBT/213 CBT or IELTS score of 6.5 or other English tests that are of equivalent standard.
4) Have the dissertation or a part of dissertation published or obtain an acceptance by a scholarly publication with peer review.
- England - Australia
- New Zealand - Iran- Philippines - Paraguay
- Vietnam - Mayenmar- Romania - Thailand
Approximately 45 % of the students are Foreigners.
from 19 counties: - USA - Canada- England - Australia- New Zealand - Iran- Philippines - Paraguay- Vietnam - Mayenmar- Romania - Thailand
- Germany - China
- Japan - Kenyaa
- Sri Lanka - Pakistan
in the Master of Science
in Management Program.
working in SME.
Hospice Foundation of Thailand
to produce “eLearning for
Bedside Chorus for Palliative Care”.
CIDE provides the service free of charge or as a charity:
- Courseware on how to sing
- Singing lessons
- Delivery of the courseware
eLearning for Bedside Chorus (Cont.)