JUNIOR DIVISION SOCIAL STUDIES. All courses build on the strands and topics taught in the primary division. ACHIEVEMENT CHARTS. Start at Grade 1 Common achievement chart for Grades 1- 6 Social Studies and for Grades 7 and 8 History and Geography
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
All courses build on the strands and topics taught in the primary division.
- knowledge and understanding
- communication ( including map, globe,
and graphic skills)
* Note that 3 of the 4 achievement categories focus on process skills, and one focuses on content.
- “grade and age appropriate activities
- “ encourage mastery of basic concepts”
- “…and development of history and
- “…emphasize the relationship to the world
outside of the school”
- “…encourage students to recognize the value
and relevance of what they are learning”
1. Heritage and Citizenship
2. Canada and World
- Medieval Times
- Early Civilizations
- First Nation Peoples and
The “spiral” is based on common themes such as travel, clothing, foods, or farming.
- Unit title
- Knowledge and Understanding
- Connect K and U Expectations to
process expectations under the three
other expectation headings in the
- With both Knowledge/Understanding and process
expectations in mind, develop an outline of active
strategies you would use with your students to
achieve these expectations.