Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
The Requirement for Emergent Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in the Stent Era Probal Roy, Axel de Labriolle, Nicholas Hanna, Laurent Bonello ,
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Probal Roy, Axel de Labriolle, Nicholas Hanna, Laurent Bonello,
Teruo Okabe, Tina Pinto-Slottow, Daniel Steinberg, Kimberly Smith, Zhenyi Xue, Lowell Satler, Kenneth M. Kent, William O. Suddath,
Augusto D. Pichard and Ron Waksman.
Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington DC
Emergent CABG, %
Number of Predictors
1. Smith SC Jr, Feldman TE, Hirshfeld JW Jr, Jacobs AK, Kern MJ, King SB 3rd, Morrison DA, O'Neil WW, Schaff HV, Whitlow PL, Williams DO, Antman EM, Adams CD, Anderson JL, Faxon DP, Fuster V, Halperin JL, Hiratzka LF, Hunt SA, Nishimura R, Ornato JP, Page RL, Riegel B; American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines; ACC/AHA/SCAI Writing Committee to Update 2001 Guidelines for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. ACC/AHA/SCAI 2005 guideline update for percutaneous coronary intervention: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (ACC/AHA/SCAI Writing Committee to Update 2001 Guidelines for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention). Circulation. 2006; 113(7):e166-286.
2.. Ting HH, Raveendran G, Lennon RJ, Long KH, Singh M, Wood DL, Gersh BJ, Rihal CS, Holmes DR Jr. A total of 1,007 percutaneous coronary interventions without onsite cardiac surgery: acute and long-term outcomes. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47(8):1713-21.
3.Zavala-Alarcon E, Cecena F, Ashar R, Patel R, Van Poppel S, Carlson R. Safety of elective--including "high risk"--percutaneous coronary interventions without on-site cardiac surgery. Am Heart J. 2004; 148(4):676-83.
4. Ting HH, Garratt KN, Singh M, Kjelsberg MA, Timimi FK, Cragun KT, Houlihan RJ, Boutchee KL, Crocker CH, Cusma JT, Wood DL, Holmes DR. Low-risk percutaneous coronary interventions without on-site cardiac surgery: two years' observational experience and follow-up. Am Heart J. 2003; 145(2):278-84
5. Peels JO, Hautvast RW, de Swart JB, Huybregts MA, Umans VA, Arnold AE, Jessurun A, Zijlstra F.Percutaneous coronary intervention without on site surgical back-up; two-years registry of a large dutch community hospital. Int J Cardiol. 2008 Jan 30.
6. Frutkin AD, Mehta SK, Patel T, Menon P, Safley DM, House J, Barth CW 3rd, Grantham JA, Marso SP. Outcomes of 1,090 consecutive, elective, nonselected percutaneous coronary interventions at a community hospital without onsite cardiac surgery. Am J Cardiol. 2008; 101(1):53-7.
7. Paraschos A, Callwood D, Wightman MB, Tcheng JE, Phillips HR, Stiles GL, Daniel JM, Sketch MH Jr. Outcomes following elective percutaneous coronary intervention without on-site surgical backup in a community hospital. Am J Cardiol. 2005; 95(9):1091-3.
8. Seshadri N, Whitlow PL, Acharya N, Houghtaling P, Blackstone EH, Ellis SG. Emergency coronary artery bypass surgery in the contemporary percutaneous coronary intervention era. Circulation. 2002; 106(18):2346-50.
9. Yang EH, Gumina RJ, Lennon RJ, Holmes DR Jr, Rihal CS, Singh M. Emergency coronary artery bypass surgery for percutaneous coronary interventions: changes in the incidence, clinical characteristics, and indications from 1979 to 2003. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46(11):2004-9.
10. Keeley EC, Boura JA, Grines CL. Primary angioplasty versus intravenous thrombolytic therapy for acute myocardial infarction: a quantitative review of 23 randomised trials. Lancet. 2003; 361(9351):13-20.
11. Peels HO, de Swart H, Ploeg TV, Hautvast RW, Cornel JH, Arnold AE, Wharton TP, Umans VA. Percutaneous coronary intervention with off-site cardiac surgery backup for acute myocardial infarction as a strategy to reduce door-to-balloon time. Am J Cardiol. 2007; 100(9):1353-8.
12. Kutcher MA.Percutaneous Coronary Interventions at Facilities Without On-Site Cardiac Surgery (National Cardiovascular Data Registry). ACC 2008.
13. Wennberg DE, Lucas FL, Siewers AE, Kellett MA, Malenka DJ. Outcomes of percutaneous coronary interventions performed at centers without and with onsite coronary artery bypass graft surgery. JAMA. 2004; 292(16):1961-8.