Section 5-3 & 5-5 “Cancer & Stem Cells ”. Write everything that is underlined. 5.3 KEY CONCEPT Cell cycle regulation is necessary for healthy growth. I. Cell Division 1. Internal and external factors regulate (control) cell division. a. External factors include physical and chemical signals
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Write everything that isunderlined
a. External factors include physical and chemical signals
b. Growth factors are proteins that stimulate cell division
2. Apoptosis is programmed cell death
2. Cancer cells form disorganized clumps called tumors
4. Cancer cells come from normal cells with damage to genes involved in cell-cycle regulation
6. Standard cancer treatments typically kill both cancerous and healthy cells
Outer: skin cells
Middle: bone cellsI. Specialized Cells1. Specialized cells perform specific functions.
2. Cells are different because different combinations of genes are expressed
2. Stem cells have the ability to: