Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Final TestListening and Speaking June 2014
1. Subject: bargaining price of product.Type: group test Example: discount/ $ 40/ fast delivery X: The price is a bit high. Can you give a discount? Y: It is free if you buy more than three. Otherwise we charge $40. X: Yes off course. I need some. But would you give more extra for fastdelivery. Y: I’m sorry. That’s the best price we can offer you.
Now practice these dialogs with your partners! 1. reduction/ $ 50,5/ magazine cataloque 2. concession/ $ 90/ 3 years warranty 3. money off/ $ 25/ luxury packing
2. Subject: giving opinion about product.Type: group test Example: Camera/ expensive for me/ cheap/ cheaper X: Morning Y: Morning, do you need any thing? X: Yes. I really need that camera, but it is too expensive for me. Y: No, it’s wrong. On the contrary, it is very cheap. You can see on this cataloque. This type is cheaperthan else.
Now practice these dialogs with your partners! • Broken art/ dirty for me/ clean/ cleaner • Kitchen knife/ dangerous for children/ safe/ safer • Teddy bear/ ugly for me/ beautiful/ more beautiful
3. Subject: ordering product directly.Type: Individual test Example: Desk/ cataloque/ have a look X: Hello. Y: Hello. Do you sell office furniture? X: Yes we do. Y: I’m looking for a desk. X: Oh, we have a wide range of desks. Y: Great. Can you send me a cataloque so I can have a look. X: Certainly.
Now practice these dialogs with your partners! • Table/ Picture/ see • White board/ email with the price table/ choose • Partition board/ details/ pick
4. Subject: giving instruction to order service or product.Type: group test Example: HENMAN/ copy/ 06.45 X: Hello Sir, do you need any help? Y: Would you mind emailing John at the head office for me? Ask him to copyHenman’s file? I need it at quarter to seven. X: Sorry Sir, Whose file? Can you spell it? Y: H-E-N-M-A-N X: O.K Sir, is there any else? Y: No thanks.
Now practice these dialogs with your partners! • SHOPIA/email/07.45 • JONATHON/get/09.35 • THOMPSON/ fetch/09.45
5. Subject: complaining service or product.Type: group test Example: No hot water in my room/ 221/ want to take a bath. X: Hello... Y: Hello ... can I help you? X: Sorry to bother you, there isn’t any hot water in my room... Y: Could you tell me where is your room, please? X: I’m in 221. Y: OK wait for a while, we will be there. X: but you may do quickly because I want to take a bath now.
Now practice these dialogs with your partners! • No TV channel in my room/ want to watch football match • No meal in the freezer/ need more food to treat my guess. • No breakfast service here/ won’t wait until lunch time.