4.0 Network System Communication. Ethernet IEEE 802.3. 8. 6. 6. 2. 46 - 1500. 4. Frame check Sequence (FCS). Destination address. Source address. Preamble. Data. Type. Frame Header section. Data section. 4.1 Data Frame (Ethernet Frame).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
( unicast address)
- Original Ethernet Version I (no longer used)
- The Ethernet Version 2 or Ethernet II frame, known as
DIX frame (named after DEC, Intel, and Xerox), often used
directly by the Internet Protocol.
- Novell's homegrown Variation of IEEE 802.3 ("raw 802.3
frame") without LLC
- IEEE 802.2 LLC frame
- IEEE 802.2 LLC/SNAP frame
Basic Ethernet frame forms.
Three types of address information are used on TCP/IP internetworks:
Protocol (ARP) can determine the IP address
associated with that name. ARP maintains tables of
address resolution data and can broadcast
packets to discover addresses on the internetwork.
The IP addresses discovered by ARP can be
provided to Data Link layer protocols.
- means to transfer data between network entities and to detect and possibly correct errors that may occur in the Physical layer.
- means of transferring variable length data sequences from a source to a destination via one or more networks while maintaining the quality of service requested by the Transport layer.
- thus relieving the upper layers from any concern with providing reliable and cost-effective data transfer.
TCP and IP.
Octet (8 bits) ● Octet (8 bits) ● Octet (8 bits) ● Octet (8 bits)
27262524232120 ● 27262524232120 ● 27262524232120 ● 27262524232120
11000000 ● 00000101 ● 00100010 ● 00001011
192 ● 5 ● 34 ● 11