Macromolecules. Topic/Do. Topic: Macromolecule Do: Take down Cornell Notes. Write a 2 paragraph summary (10 sentences) of your understanding of the lesson. Look Up! You’ll Never Know What You’ll Learn. Organic Compounds. Compounds that contain CARBON are called organic .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Do: Take down Cornell Notes.
Write a 2 paragraph summary (10 sentences) of your understanding of the lesson.
4. Nucleic acids (DNA and RNA)
Monosaccharide: one sugar unit
5. Steroid hormones
Six functions of lipids:
1. Long term energy storage
2. Protection against heat loss (insulation)
3. Protection against physical shock
4. Protection against water loss
5. Chemical messengers (hormones)
6. Major component of membranes (phospholipids)
1. Storage: albumin (egg white)
2. Transport: hemoglobin
3. Regulatory: hormones
4. Movement: muscles
5. Structural: membranes, hair, nails
6. Enzymes: cellular reactions
a. Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA- double helix)
b. Ribonucleic acid (RNA-single strand)
pentose sugar (5-carbon)
thymine (T) DNA only
uracil (U) RNA only
Write a 2-paragraph summary (10 sentences) of your understanding of the topic.
You are THE BEST!