The Giver. A short review for a short quiz. Vocabulary. Carefully; paying attention to detail In an annoyed or sulky manner Natural ability Punishment. meticulously petulantly aptitude chastisement. Symbols!. knowledge of the world. books in the annex lock on the Receiver’s door
A short review for a short quiz
Carefully; paying attention to detail
In an annoyed or sulky manner
of the world
books in the annex
lock on the Receiver’s door
throughout the community
Utopia— a place of perfection, where human beings live in a community of order, peace, and abundance.
Dystopia--an anti-utopian society where, instead of a paradise, everything has gone wrong in the attempt to create a perfect society.
All property is held in common. There is therefore no money nor need for it.
The basic material human needs are few; good and plentiful food, drink, clothing, shelter, and social care.
Everyone works and benefits society.
Freedom from anxiety and fear.
A tranquil, peaceful life.
• Information, independent thought, and freedom are restricted.
• Citizens are thought to be under constant surveillance.
• Citizens have a fear of the outside world.
• Citizens live in a dehumanized state.
• The natural world is banished and distrusted.
• Citizens conform to uniform expectations. Individuality and dissent are bad.
• The society is an illusion of a perfect utopian world.
Pills for “stirrings”
Release to “elsewhere”