Spring Presentation to School Committee 2009-2010 School Year. Presented by. 2009-10 AB SpEd PAC Officers. Co-Chairs: Nancy Sherburne & Bill Guthlein Treasurers: Sasha Stavsky & Caroline Jarvis Secretaries: Valerie Ryan & Lynne Zawada Past PAC Chair: Stephen Lowe
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
•The PAC regularly supported families by phone, email and in person. In particular we helped clarify parental access to test “protocols.”
•Our site and distribution lists continued to provide information and support to families.
•Deferred. New goal: complete by fall 2010.
•Nancy Sherburne represented the PAC on the Bullying Prevention Task Force and two subcommittees –
1. Bullying Prevention/Curriculum and
2. Bullying Intervention/Response
•Our fall bulb sale was a success and we explored a potential grant opportunity
•Pupil Services and the PAC held a family picnic on Sept. 30th at Danny’s Place.
• CAFY, NPFH, PS and the PAC co-hosted a bullying panel presentation on Oct. 20th.
• Pupil Services and the PAC co-hosted the 4th Annual Parent Workshop featuring Rick Lavoie on Nov. 6th.
• Oct. 14th, “An IEP for My Child”
• Dec. 9th, “Basic Rights” (canceled due to snow)
• March 9th, “Transition Workshop”
• April 13th, “Sensory Integration”
• May 5th, “Shut Up About Your Perfect Kid” (brought to our attention and co-sponsored by Sue Horn and ABRSD – thank you, Sue)
•We met this year on Nov. 17th and Apr. 29th
• The Autism Parent Focus Groups increased parent participation and feedback on program design. This was a wonderful success. (See Addendum A for feedback)
• We met in Aug.,Nov., Dec.,Jan., Apr. and May
• Successful fall bulb sale in October 2009.
Progress on this task force has been disappointingly slow. Look forward to seeing how Westford uses this technology on June 14th and refocusing the team’s efforts on achievable results for the district.
• Alerted PAC members to common pitfalls. Pupil Services reports 80% of students found eligible for services based on IEE recommendations at ABRS and 50% at APS without additional testing. Pupil Services tracking additional IEE statistics this year.
•Not done – unable to schedule.
•Collaborated with Pupil Services to conduct four parent forums in Dec. and Jan. Provided written summary of parent priorities from these meetings. Discussed actions at Apr. 29th Quarterly Meeting.
•Reviewed National Standards Project. No commonly accepted norms and standards found to date.
•In process. Pupil Services revised assistant schedules based on focus group feedback. More to do.
•Survey planning to begin over the summer.
• Has financial implications for existing funds raised
• Tess is exploring options with Town Treasurer – will need to move forward with Finance Director
• PAC may consider creating Friends of the PAC as a separate fundraising entity going forward