100 likes | 281 Views
Languid. Adjective; 1. Drooping or flagging from or as if from exhaustionAdjective; 2. Sluggish in character or in dispositionAdjective; 3. Lacking force or quickness in movementAfter being shot, the victim languidly trudged onward to his home in seek of rest.. Privy. adj. 1. Made a participant in knowledge of something private or secret: was privy to classified information.2. Belonging or proper to a person, such as the British sovereign, in a private rather than official capacity.3. Secr9452
E N D
1. Inconsequence:-adjective -characterized by lack of proper sequence in thought, speech, or action.
Example: The two girls talked inconsequently as they discussed their first dates.
3. Privy adj. 1. Made a participant in knowledge of something private or secret: was privy to classified information.
2. Belonging or proper to a person, such as the British sovereign, in a private rather than official capacity.
3. Secret; concealed
4. Reproach Noun; blame or censure displayed in disapproval
He reproached the boy for his selfishness.
5. Supercilious Definition- coolly and patronizingly haughty
Ex- The man’s supercilious expression proved he thought he was better than his neighbor.
6. Temperament (Noun)
a combination of mental, physical and emotional traits of a person; natural predisposition.
The girls appalling temperament caused her to get in trouble.
7. Countenance (Noun)
somebody's face, or the expression on it; composure or self-control
The man’s countenance gave away his thoughts.
8. Abortive Adjective – failing to succeed
The young girl is abortive in English class because she didn’t understand the material.
9. Imperceptible Adjective - very slight, gradual, or subtle
My mom told me that she was renovating the bathroom, but the changes were imperceptible.
10. Teutonic Definition: of or pertaining to the ancient Teutons.
Part of Speech: Adjective
I participated in that delayed Teutonic migration known as the Great War.
-Nick, The Great Gatsby