Functional Form and Dynamic Models. Introduction. Discuss the importance of functional form Examine the Ramsey Reset Test for Functional Form Describe the use of lags in econometric models Evaluate the Koyk transformation as a means of overcoming some of the problems of lagged variables.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Remove all time subscripts, including lags
- Set the error term equal to its expected value of 0.
- Remove the differenced terms
- Arrange the equation so that all x and y terms are on the same side.
- There would almost certainly be multicolliinearity
- There would be multiple estimates of the β and δ parameters, so it would be impossible to identify its real value.