Writing Research Proposals and Research Reports. Meeting 8. Writing Proposals. This document convinces the client that the research is needed. It is a comprehensive compilation of what, why, how, when, where and how much. Visuals are recommended but not required.
Establishes the purpose and importance of the research
Includes the question to which you need answers to develop the client’s campaign
Here you discuss the background of the problem to include:
This is a plan for the careful and systematic observation of events that explain the following items.
Itemize costs that will be incurred, including but not limited to:
6. Restate the necessity of the research
7. Present the cull citations for any data or quotations cited in the introduction or scope sections
Items that provide the reader with more detail without interrupting the flow of the proposal such as:
4. Issues - Develop a few key issues researched and your understanding.
5. Description - Additional information on specific issues that include documentation and triangulation.
6. Assertions - Make your point with interpretation and summation that persuades the reader of the importance of your discovery.