Retail Consolidation The Continuing Saga!. Retail Consolidation. Cause / Effect - What’s driving retail consolidation? The Retail Landscape ( Next 5 Yrs.) - Survival Of The Coolest? Life Expectancy Of Labels Vs. Brands - Will the consumer figure this out?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- What’s driving retail consolidation?
- Survival Of The Coolest?
- Will the consumer figure this out?
- Where do they fit?
- Goodbye Generic!
- Youth Meets Boomer!
- Thank You…Mickey Drexler and the Gap
- It is a requirement!
- The Aging Boomer will not go quietly…Dressing Younger is Cool
The 40 yr old of 2006
- Clash of lifestyle apparel choices
- Casualization of America = Men with no clue
- Your Lifestyle dictates what you wear
what parents wear”
- “Warp Speed” visibility to brand awareness - Good & Bad
- Throw it out the window
- New School: Cool product at lower price points in broader distributional channels
- Federated / Macy’s streamlines and further separates from mid/tier and discount to create “Reason To Exist”
“Rush To Direct Retail”
- Macy’s West: Prototype Future Better Department Store
- “Transformational Brands” (Sephora) Drive The Business
- Create Reason To Exist
- Modernize Apparel Assortment And Add Brands
- Pricing, Point of Sale, Positioning
(vs. Retail Sales Success )
- Licensor to licensee to retailer
- Degree of brand promise kept
- Wide variations: “Best to None”
- Subtract 10 years of age from your dated consumer profile
- Cool Products exist at all distribution points vs. 5 years ago