MILLION DOLLAR ROUND TABLE MDRT is: • The Premier Association of Financial Professionals • Member-driven and member-oriented • International – 39,340 members in 87 nations U.S. 33% Japan 8% Canada 3% Taiwan 6% Hong Kong 6% South Korea 18% • An Independent Association
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
• The Premier Association of Financial Professionals
• Member-driven and member-oriented
• International – 39,340 members in 87 nations
U.S. 33% Japan 8%
Canada 3% Taiwan 6%
Hong Kong 6% South Korea 18%
• To provide incentive for all insurance and financial services professionals and advisors to reach their full potential in professional development, technical competence and sales performance.
• To elevate professional standards
and prestige of insurance and financial
services professionals and advisors.
• The mission of MDRT is to be a valued, member-driven international network of leading insurance and investment financial service professionals/advisors who serve their clients by exemplary performance and the highest standards of ethics, knowledge, service and productivity.
• The first meeting, attended by 32 producers, was a luncheon of the “Million Dollar Gang” at the 1927 NALU convention in Memphis, Tennessee, USA.
• The founders sought a forum dedicated to fostering a high standard,professional approach to life insurance sales.
Members of MDRT should be ever mindful that complete compliance with and observance of the Code of Ethics of the MDRT shall serve to promote the highest quality standards of membership. These standards will be beneficial to the public and the insurance and financial services profession. Therefore, members shall:
• Always place the best interest of their clients above their own direct or indirect interest.
• Maintain the highest standards of professional competence and give the best possible advice to clients by seeking to maintain and improve professional knowledge, skills and competence.
• Hold in the strictest confidence, and consider as privileged, all business and personal information pertaining to their clients’ affairs.
•Make full and adequate disclosure of all facts necessary to enable their clients toinformed decisions.
•Maintain personal conduct which will reflect favorably on the insurance and financial services profession and MDRT.
•Determine that any replacement of an insurance or financial product must be beneficial for the client.
•Abide by and conform to all provisions of the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which they do business.
•Qualifying Member:An individual who is a first-time applicant becomes a Qualifying member when his or her application papers are approved. Until the 10th year of membership is attained, the member will be a Qualifying member.
•Qualifying & Life Member: One becomes a Qualifying and Life (QL) member when he or she approved for the 10th year of membership. Qualifying and Life status is maintained in the future years by submitting certified production with the membership application.
•Life Member:Once Qualifying and Life membership is attained, a member may choose to apply as a Life (L) member by not including certified production with the membership application.
*All members must apply every year to continue their MDRT affiliation.
•MDRT:USD 87,900 of eligible commissions or USD 175,800 of eligible premium
•Court of the Table – three times the minimum requirement:USD 263,700 commission or USD 527,400 premium
•Top of the Table – Approximately the top 5 percent of the membership:USD 527,400 commission or USD 1,054,800 premium
• Applicants must be members of a recognized professional association, unless they reside in country where an association is not required.
A minimum of 50 percent of the 2009 production requirement (USD 43,950 commissions or USD 87,900 premium) must come from the following policies:
•Individual /group life (ordinary/term)
• Individual/group disability
• Individual/group accidental death/dismemberment
• Individual/group long-term care
•Individual/group critical illness
Additional commissions or premium credit may come from:
• Individual/group health care coverage
• Mutual funds/equivalent
• Wrap accounts/assetmanagement accounts
• Financial Planning Fees/Fees for Advice
Members1. Samsung Life Ins. Co. Ltd (South Korea) 2,486
2. New York Life (U.S.A.) 2,167
3. SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (India) 1,662
4. Northwestern Mutual Finance Network (U.S.A.) 1,411
5. AIA-Hong Kong (Hong Kong SAR) 1,159
6. MetLife Korea (South Korea) 1,050
7. ING Life Ins. Co. Ltd-Korea (South Korea) 999
8. Prudential Insurance-America (U.S.A.) 746
9. AXA Advisors LLC (U.S.A.) 706
10. Sony Life Insurance Co. (Japan) 639
Members1. Samsung Life Ins Co Ltd. (South Korea) 2,486
2. SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (India) 1,662
3. AIA-Hong Kong (Hong Kong SAR) 1,159
4. MetLife Korea (South Korea) 1,050
5. ING Life Ins. Co. Ltd. (South Korea) 999
6. Sony Life Insurance Co (Japan) 639
7. Life Insurance Corporation of India 595
8. Korea Life Insurance Company 594
9. Prudential Life Ins. Co. Ltd. (Japan) 551
10. HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Ltd (India) 536
• 5,469 members on Honor Roll, reserved for individuals with 15 or more years of qualification (with production)
• MDRT members in the 2008 Table sold an average of 172 lives/casesin 2007
• 2008 membership was 38 percent female
• 67 percent of the 2008 members reside outside of the United States
• 5,007 members attained Court of the Table status (three times the minimum requirement)
• Top of the Table membership numbers 1,809 (six times the minimum requirement)
• Executive CommitteePresident, Immediate Past President, First Vice President, Second Vice President and Secretary
• Management CouncilExecutive Committee and eight Divisional Vice Presidents
• Approximately 35 standing committees
• Approximately 900 volunteers at the Annual Meeting
• Increased prestige, self-esteem and confidence
• Professional development
• Networking opportunities
• Increased quality of life
• Validation of credentials as a top producer
• Achieving personal goals
• Leadership opportunities within MDRT
• Public relations programs
• Political and charitable involvement opportunities
• Support system for business and personal needs
• Increased production through exchange of ideas with peers
• Membership Certificate
• Invitation to MDRT Annual Meeting
• Round the Table magazine, published every two months (available in Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Spanish)
• MDRT Proceedings of the Annual Meeting, written in a book or CD-ROM, a compilation of all presentations given at the meeting.
• MDRT products and services at member rates
• Acknowledged industry recognition
• The MDRT Annual
Meeting is the life
insurance industry’s sales meeting “par excellence.”
• Four-day meeting features breakfast seminars, Main Platform
presentations and targeted focus sessions.
• Approximately 7,000 MDRT qualifiers and special guests attend each year, including company CEOs, company marketing officers and non-member general agents/managers.
• Approximately 900 member volunteers serve on one of the 10 Annual Meeting task forces:
- First Time Orientation - Registration- Entertainment - Speaker Relations – Main Platform- Meeting Information - Speaker Relations – Sessions and Involvement - Traffic – General- Power Center - Traffic – Main Platform - Traffic – Sessions
The PGA Ambassadors Committee (Annual Meeting Member Volunteers) provides members with the opportunity to be part of the Annual Meeting. Volunteers create friendships and camaraderie with their fellow members. It is from among the PGA Ambassadors that members are chosen for MDRT leadership positions.
• Introduced at 1962 annual Meeting by author, philosopher Dr. Mortimer Adler of “The Great Books of the Western World” fame.
• The balancing of seven vital parts of life: health, family, spiritual, education, financial, service and career.
• Balance is rewarded with increased energy, peace of mind, improved productivity and a greater sense of fulfillment.
• MDRT’s philanthropic arm, founded in 1959
• Mission is to encourage volunteerism andsupport charities in member communities
• More than $20 million granted to more than 1,600 charities around the world
• Web address: www.mdrtfoundation.org
To facilitate and encourage effective mentoring relationships between successful insurance and financial services professionals and individuals aspiring to Million Dollar Round Table membership.
A mentoring team consists of a mentor, who is an MDRT member, and an aspirant, who is aspiring to MDRT membership. The initial investment is $150 per team. The annual (renewal) fee is $100.
The program includes video training, communication direction, audio and videotapes, Round the Table magazine and more.
• MDRT members are supported by a professionalstaff of about 80
• Entire annual operating budget for headquarters: $24 million
• MDRT International Headquarters is located in Park Ridge, Illinois, USA, a suburb of Chicago
• Departments include:
For more information contact:
325 West Touhy Avenue
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068-4265 USA