Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Explanation Text Form What are explanations?
Why do we write them?
Lets Find Out
2. Purpose To give an account of some phenomenon.
An explanation is an oral or written text that seeks to explain how things come to be the way they are, or to analyze how things work.
3. Types of Explanations Explanations seem to fall into 2 main types:
Those that explain how things are
(ex. How a kite works)
Those that explain why things are
(ex. Why Volcanoes Erupt)
**Some explanations may combine how and why
4. Heres Some Examples Explanations may be in the form of essays, handbooks, science, health and social studies texts. Take a look
Health Explain the process of digestion
Science Explain how electricity is generated
Social Studies Explain why soil erosion occurs
5. Text Characteristics/Features:
Each Part of the Explanation is at least 1 paragraph.
The framework looks something like this