Interpersonal Conflict Management. Conflict Management Center Program on the Advancement of Research on Conflict and Collaboration (PARCC). Agenda. Introduction Conflict Exercise: Shuffle the Deck Definition of Conflict Conflict Escalation and De-Escalation Reflective Listening Exercises
Conflict Management Center
Program on the Advancement of Research on Conflict and Collaboration (PARCC)
*Source: Rautalinko and Lisper, 2005
Source: Neil Katz
1)Hear and understand what the other is saying through his/her words and body language.
2)Reflect (express) the thoughts and feelings heard through your own words, tone of voice, posture, and gestures so that the other knows that he/she is heard and understood.
Example: You’re feeling ________ about/when/because _______
- What you decided you want in a particular situation
- A specific solution
- What caused you to decide
- The specific needs in a situation which caused you to take a particular position or come to a particular position.
- What will having that (the position) do for you ?
- How will things change if you get your position?
- What are the possible options that will meet the interests?
- What is a good way of doing that?
- Will that option identify all of the needs/interests?