Leading A Sustainable School Why should we?. The government would like every school to be a sustainable school by 2020. What is a Green School?. A Green School: Improves education through hands-on, real-world learning about energy, energy efficiency and sustainability
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Leading A Sustainable SchoolWhy should we?
The government would like every school to be a sustainable school by 2020
What is a Green School?
They care about :
The energy and water it consumes
The waste it produces
The food it serves
The traffic it attracts
The difficulties faced by people living in its community and in other parts of the world.
This means integrating high
standards of achievement and
The goals of healthy living
Care for oneself, for each other (across cultures, distances and generations), and for the environment (far and near).
reenSchools become the focal point of the community serving as a multi-purpose facility and educating the next generation of environmental stewards and promoting the next generation of green collar workers
Holland Township’s Green School initiative:
Create a school building or facility that is a healthy environment and improve education through hands-on, real world learning, while saving energy and resources to maximize financial efficiency.
Green Schools Curriculum Framework
Week of activities on the themes of environmental awareness and sustainability
2. The anti-bottle www.vapur.us/store/5l.html could be a fundraiser
7. www.energyhog.com teacher and student guide
8. www.smartlittlehouse.com sells nontoxic products..example. paint and building supplies
10. Stem Watt Watchers NJ K-12 Free Interdisciplinary workshops for students and lessons http://www.wilsoned.com/backup/Specialinfo.html
11.http://www.epa.gov/owow/NPS/kids/ Polluted Runoff (Nonpoint Source Pollution)
12.http://www.ase.org/resources The Latest in Energy Efficiency
13.http://www.facingthefuture.org/Curriculum/DownloadFreeCurriculum/tabid/114/Default.aspx for free lesson plans
14. Sample UBD cross curriculum Green unit http://greenschoolsforteachers.wikispaces.com/file/detail/Live+Green_+Live+Longer.doc
15.www.getecube.com eCube sells a product that goes over a thermostat in commercial refrigerators. This reduces energy consumption by (10-30%)
16. www.agreenernj.com offers a skylight solution that has a solar powered, GPS tracking mirror.
17.www.shawcontractgroup.com cradle to cradel products