Fall 2006 enrollment update
This presentation is the property of its rightful owner.
Sponsored Links
1 / 12

Fall 2006 Enrollment Update PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 61 Views
  • Uploaded on
  • Presentation posted in: General

Fall 2006 Enrollment Update. Where we’re coming from and where we’re headed. Attrition and Completion Rates of Selected Groups. Data Source: SCC 2005 Retention and Completion Study, SCC IR. Completion indicates award of a certificate OR a degree.

Download Presentation

Fall 2006 Enrollment Update

An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Presentation Transcript


Fall 2006 enrollment update

Fall 2006Enrollment Update

Where we’re coming from and where we’re headed.


Fall 2006 enrollment update

Attrition and Completion Rates of Selected Groups

Data Source: SCC 2005 Retention and Completion Study, SCC IR.

Completion indicates award of a certificate OR a degree.

All cohorts are comprised of students entering SCC during fall quarters.


Risk factors and remediation

Risk Factors and Remediation

  • Traditional-entry students (entering from HS within 2 quarters) make up about 10% of all new students each fall quarter.

    • Of these, 30% are considered high-risk by US Dept of Education criteria, the remaining 70% are considered low-risk.

  • Based on these same US DOE criteria, 93% of all students entering SCC during fall quarters are considered high-risk.

  • Low-RiskHigh-Risk Average Age 18.7 28.8

  • 50% of these low-risk students require developmental or basic skills training during their first year at SCC, whereas

  • 25% of these high-risk students re require developmental or basic skills training during their first year at SCC

  • About 1/3 of all new students entering SCC during fall quarters are taking developmental math or English during their first year. Ten years ago, this proportion was less than 1/4.


Where do we go from here

Where do we go from here?

  • Better data is needed.

    • Identify additional sources, and

    • develop new systems to collect and track the data we’re currently missing.

  • With 1/3 of our students leaving after just one quarter, retention obviously needs to be a focus for the college. The College Council and EMTF have made retention a strategic priority for this year.

  • A recent study WSU indicates that only half of high school graduates in our service area attend college. Creative and collaborative efforts to increase this proportion could offset or even negate the lowering number of HS graduates in coming years, and the Outreach groups are beginning to work on this.

  • Explore why Arts and Science students are taking smaller course loads, why enrollments of women are declining, etc.


Resources

Resources:

  • www.scc.spokane.edu/?ir

    • Research

    • Reports

  • [email protected]


  • Login