Progress Report and orientations for next 6 months. Project of Thanh Hoa luong value chain development (LDP) ( October 2007 – April 200 8 ) Phase II. Document for meeting No.7 of LDP’s steering committee April 18th 2008.
Project of Thanh Hoa luong value chain development (LDP)
(October 2007 – April 2008)
Document for meeting No.7 of LDP’s steering committee
April 18th 2008
Patrice Lamballe – GRET representative
Chu Văn Sáu – LDP project coordinator
SUPPORTING LUONG VALUE CHAIN DEVELOPMENT
b. Operations and results:
Synthesis of 51 units shows:
=>For the development of enterprises, owners need to be provided with business management skills and cooperate with each other.
a. Information of Song Ma co-operative
roughly planed slats, planed+ boiled slats.
a. Necessity to build charcoal kilns
- Treat low value wastes and by-products for higher value
- Minimize environmental pollution (using waste to make paper pulp)
- Build and develop new sub-sector: bamboo luong charcoal value chain
- Stage1: 3 types (linh chi, shell, wood’s ear)
- Stage 2: 2 types (linh chi, wood’s ear), as shell mushroom is not suitable with hot and sunny weather.
- Stage 1: wood’s ear 77%, linh chi 36%, 88% shell.
- Stage 2: wood’s ear 92%, linh chi 94%
Farmers and resources
1. Expand field of activity to new areas
2. Test different intervention modes
3. Capacity building-training
4. Improve and promote effect of nursery
5. New luong plantation and establishment of « models » in spring 2008
6.Test and support intercropping on new luong plantation area
7. System of experimentation.
a. Education to improve skill for collaborators and farmer group leaders
a. Objectives of trial in second year
Component 3: Supporting agricultural policies co-operative Create favourable environment and good conditions for policies supporting businesses and luong growers (1)
Common activities with Government
Thank you ! co-operative