The Tools for Developing a Leadership Legacy September 25, 2009 Dot Counts-Scoggins Lisa Shporer. Agenda. Traits of Leaders Defining Leadership within Diversity Leadership Styles Leadership Skills and Competencies Leadership Success Listening to Improve Impactful Messages Action Plans.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Tools for Developing a Leadership Legacy
September 25, 2009
“You can achieve anything you want in life if you have the courage to dream it, the intelligence to make a realistic plan, and the will to see that plan through to the end.” ~ Sidney A. Friedman
“Six Traits of Effective Leaders:
1. Make others feel important
2. Promote a vision
3. Follow the golden rule
4. Admit mistakes
5. Criticize others only in private
6. Stay close to the action”
– Christian Nevell Bovee
Task Oriented Leadership
People Oriented Leadership
The Pareto Principle
20% of your priorities will give you 80% of your production,
You spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 % of your priorities.
"Management is doing things right;
Leadership is doing the right things." -~Peter F. Drucker
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
~ Winston Churchill
1. Evaluate what is important in your life and what you would like to see improved.
2. Write your goals down. When you write them down, you can look at them every day and remind yourself of what you are trying to accomplish.
3. Make goals realistic.
4. Make goals timely. This will push you to do your best to reach them.
5. Stick with it! We oftentimes lose interest or motivation when working towards a goal. It is important to remember that long-term goals are not achieved overnight.
Neugebaur,R. (1985) Are you an effective leader? Child Care Exchange, p 25. Developed by Nova University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Effective leaders motivate people,
Not by the answers they give,
But rather by the questions they ask.”
Child Care Resources Inc.
4601 Park Road Suite 500
Charlotte, NC 29208